• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Going Electric?

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Thus Paul showed that to Elon and that's when Elon gave the secret right eyebrow raise to show that it's a done deal. I would suggest that we all buy up Elio stock right now as it'll be going up really fast. For anyone that is on his Twitter feed, ask him about your reservations and what is he going to do.
Sadly, this isn't satire.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just checked and stock sure didn't go up today. Not sure what buying Elio would offer. Debt is the only thing I can think of, and that isn't desirable.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EV's seem to all get the full 7,500 credit

WHO
All-electric and plug-in hybrid cars purchased new in or after 2010 may be eligible for a federal income tax credit of up to $7,500. The credit amount will vary based on the capacity of the battery used to power the vehicle. State and/or local incentives may also apply.

Small neighborhood electric vehicles do not qualify for this credit, but they may qualify for another credit.

(WHEN)Phaseout
The credit begins to phase out for vehicles at the beginning of the second calendar quarter after the manufacturer has sold 200,000 eligible plug-in electric vehicles (i.e., plug-in hybrids and EVs) in the United States as counted from January 1, 2010. IRS will announce when a manufacturer exceeds this production figure and will announce the subsequent phase out schedule (Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit Quarterly Sales).

(HOW)Claiming the Credit
Fill out Form 8936Adobe Acrobat Icon, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit.

For vehicles acquired for personal use, report the credit from Form 8936Adobe Acrobat Icon on the appropriate line of your Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax ReturnAdobe Acrobat Icon.

For vehicles purchased in 2010 or later, this credit can be used toward the alternative minimum tax (AMT).

If the qualifying vehicle is purchased for business use, the credit for the business use of an electric vehicle is reported on Form 3800Adobe Acrobat Icon, General Business Credit.
Tall as in SUV tall? By comparison, the FUV platform compares in height and driver comfort to my SUV. It’s performance and handling exceeded my expectations during my test ride. The FUV passed the moose test…….apparently a very stable three wheeler platform from a safety perspective. My guess is if Tesla was considering a three wheeler their team of engineers and designers would start from ground zero. Elio specs weren’t finalized, tested, and proven Beyond test sits.

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at Velomobiles some are designed with 3 wheels two in front some are part electric it kind of inspired me to thing that an electric Elio might really be a good idea look at some for the cost of these bike some are over $10,000.00 in Europe. Not nearly as practical in my opinion. It might be fun to look these up and see the similarities.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at Velomobiles some are designed with 3 wheels two in front some are part electric it kind of inspired me to thing that an electric Elio might really be a good idea look at some for the cost of these bike some are over $10,000.00 in Europe. Not nearly as practical in my opinion. It might be fun to look these up and see the similarities.
After test driving the three wheeler FUV - EV……..an electric Elio, and/or any three wheeler for that matter, is a very good idea. :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Found this page of 3 wheelers, and Elio is on the page a bunch of times.
Have a look for yourself:

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am just wondering with this new bill that might pass will it make an electric Elio more affordable?
I really hate to be Mr. Negative, but I don't think any bill, program or law will do anything toward making the Elio electric, gas, coal or wood burning. I would bet money that Elio has given up on the car and is just biding time till everyone forgets. The bit about them going electric is total BS.

That said, I hope I'm wrong.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am just wondering with this new bill that might pass will it make an electric Elio more affordable?
The Elio EV could be affordable <$20K without the Bill and money saved on gas and maintenance could be used to offset the payment. :) 0-60 mph would be awesome. :) The Federal EV tax credit would be a bonus incentive to buy the EVElio.

Top Bottom