• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio/iav Engine Dyno Testing

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio seems to be very open about keeping us up to date on what's going with everything except the engine testing...on this issue they seem to be secretive...I see no harm and only good from them letting us know why there are delays when they happen...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind Elio isn't testing the engine. IAV is. Though Elio is pretty forthcoming with information, IAV is probably used to keeping client info close hold. They may not want to release information to anyone but Elio (and they shouldn't) but that could also mean that Elio won't hear much till certain testing milestones are reached. Patience, Grasshopper.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio seems to be very open about keeping us up to date on what's going with everything except the engine testing...on this issue they seem to be secretive...I see no harm and only good from them letting us know why there are delays when they happen...

May be,,, It's IAV,,, Elio Motors contracted IAV to design and test a engine for the Elio. It just might be IAV is not passing along day to day info. Kind of like, Go away kid, ya brother me.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind Elio isn't testing the engine. IAV is. Though Elio is pretty forthcoming with information, IAV is probably used to keeping client info close hold. They may not want to release information to anyone but Elio (and they shouldn't) but that could also mean that Elio won't hear much till certain testing milestones are reached. Patience, Grasshopper.

You type faster than me

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
May be,,, It's IAV,,, Elio Motors contracted IAV to design and test a engine for the Elio. It just might be IAV is not passing along day to day info. Kind of like, Go away kid, ya brother me.

EM is paying IAV .... my hunch is Paul Elio can pick up the phone and find out anything he wants, any time he wants

Jim

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ty, just wonder how many people remember where the term "grasshopper" came from. Thanks for the memories.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Need to keep in mind that IAV is German. We all know the Germans are famous for being perfectionists and being tight lipped. Don't look for any news until they're ready to share it. I'm not really sure they would share the details with EM unless it were something exceptionally good or bad. Information is shared on a "need to know" basis. As long as testing is going according to schedule (or not for that matter) we have no real need to know.

Top Bottom