• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio In The Islands

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello all ye faithful,
Pahoa Hawaii checking in with a reservation number of 10790. After spending three years on the waiting list for the Aptera and the disappointment when it failed to make it to the market, I was pleased to find Elio which has a more conventional gas motor and it should be easier to get to market.
I am looking forward to cruising around on one of very few Elios on the Big Island.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello all ye faithful,
Pahoa Hawaii checking in with a reservation number of 10790. After spending three years on the waiting list for the Aptera and the disappointment when it failed to make it to the market, I was pleased to find Elio which has a more conventional gas motor and it should be easier to get to market.
I am looking forward to cruising around on one of very few Elios on the Big Island.
Puna Bob, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your number. Sounds like we will definitely have Elio's in all 50 states. The forum has tons of information and I encourage you to review the threads that most appeal to you. My brother live in Kona but I don't recall a reservation there yet. Welcome and enjoy the journey

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on your reservation .... a few questions in the none of my business category :
1. roughly what does it cost to get something like an Elio shipped to Hawaii
2. what is regular gas selling for per gallon out there
3. what is the length of a normal drive for you
4. what is the length of a long drive for you

Jim

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
congrats on your reservation .... a few questions in the none of my business category :
1. roughly what does it cost to get something like an Elio shipped to Hawaii
2. what is regular gas selling for per gallon out there
3. what is the length of a normal drive for you
4. what is the length of a long drive for you

Jim
Jim,
Shipping from Long Beach is $1000 for a car but there will be a dealer in Honolulu so I may not have to pay that much.
Regular gas sells for $ 3.89 currently
a normal drive is 10-20 miles round trip but I like to drive so occasionally I drive around the island about 300 miles .

Primarily I just hate all the oversized cars with no Pizazz and need basic transportation for me and my dive equipment

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jim,
Shipping from Long Beach is $1000 for a car but there will be a dealer in Honolulu so I may not have to pay that much.
a normal drive is 10-20 miles round trip but I like to drive so occasionally I drive around the island about 300 miles .

Primarily I just hate all the oversized cars with no Pizazz and need basic transportation for me and my dive equipment

thanks for taking the time and effort to reply .... Hawaii has always been a dream place to visit for us but the reality is, I don't know if we will ever be able to get there .... somehow 300 miles to drive around the island is a bit of a surprise .... it really must be a Big Island ..:).. according to the website, your dealer should be in Honolulu .... based on your experience, do you envision there being a big market for the Elio in Hawaii

Jim

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jim,

Have you thought of adding a snorkel?

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
thanks for taking the time and effort to reply .... Hawaii has always been a dream place to visit for us but the reality is, I don't know if we will ever be able to get there .... somehow 300 miles to drive around the island is a bit of a surprise .... it really must be a Big Island ..:).. according to the website, your dealer should be in Honolulu .... based on your experience, do you envision there being a big market for the Elio in Hawaii

Jim
I think the local population is more likely to get a truck due to the rough roads here (many are still gravel) and due to the fact that there are no HOV lanes except for Oahu. The Elio should do well on Oahu with a dealer on the island in Honolulu, (which has horrible traffic) but on the neighbor islands like mine I believe it will be a novelty

Top Bottom