• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio In The Islands

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jim,
I live at 1000 ft. and about 6 miles from the shore so salt isn't an issue but we do get acid rain from the volcanic plume occasionally.
The acid rain seems no more corrosive than the L.A. smog which is where I lived until I retired 2 years ago.

interesting .... that's something I'd never have thought of .... where are you located in relation to Kilauea

Jim

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Puna Bob, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your number. Sounds like we will definitely have Elio's in all 50 states. The forum has tons of information and I encourage you to review the threads that most appeal to you. My brother live in Kona but I don't recall a reservation there yet. Welcome and enjoy the journey
Hey Jim, how did you like the gift we sent you down there in the south...?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

if you are referring to the projected 17 degree low for tomorrow night ..:mad:.. we are spending most of this month in our camper and will be most happy to when the "Polar Vortex" moves out later this week

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Was actually addressing Jim H, 17, hey here it was 3 below last night.....

my wife is from South Dakota where they have similar temps .... for central NC, the lowest temp ever recorded at the Raleigh-Durham Airport was -8 on Jan 21, 1985 .... back then we lived in the NC mountains where the temp dropped to -34 .... believe it or not, a friend of mine and I were camping that night in a popup .. :cool:

Jim

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Truett, Glad you only sent the cold. It was 30 degrees last night and is supposed to only be in the high 40's today. Did have to cover my tomato plants. It remains sunny and no chance of rain or snow. You can keep your cold snowy weather Enjoy......Jim H

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Hello all ye faithful,
Pahoa Hawaii checking in with a reservation number of 10790. After spending three years on the waiting list for the Aptera and the disappointment when it failed to make it to the market, I was pleased to find Elio which has a more conventional gas motor and it should be easier to get to market.
I am looking forward to cruising around on one of very few Elios on the Big Island.

Hey Bob, welcome and congrats on your reservation! How cool that there are plans for a store in Honolulu. Great to hear that you are getting an Elio.

I too have questions for you, sorry that we are giving you so many!

For you to get your Elio, the way I understand things, it doesn't matter about a store being in Honolulu, as the car will need to be shipped from Shreveport to you. And that will be long before the store there opens. Would you have a guess as to what would be the logical way for EM to get your vehicle to you? Maybe railroad to CA and then ship to HI?

I found Pahao on the big island, looks like it's on the eastern edge, as you mentioned 5 miles from the ocean at its nearest spot. What a very interesting place.

I can't wait to pick your brain about Aptera, hope you don't mind. You can start a conversation with me if you prefer, or answer here if you like. What was the month and year of your reservation with them? Tell us about your experience following them, what info did they give out, at what point did your trust start to dip to the point where you thought Aptera was not gonna happen?

Thanks Bob!

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Truett, Glad you only sent the cold. It was 30 degrees last night and is supposed to only be in the high 40's today. Did have to cover my tomato plants. It remains sunny and no chance of rain or snow. You can keep your cold snowy weather Enjoy......Jim H
Hey, we have enough it looks like we will open the slopes on schedule.

Top Bottom