• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio In The Islands

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 3504 View attachment 3505 View attachment 3506 View attachment 3507 View attachment 3508 View attachment 3509
WELCOME, from the Bayou State, Puna bob. Great to be able to greet you this morning!

Got to visit the Eli Team and sit in the Elio, yesterday down in New Orleans. Waited a VERY long time for that visit, but it WAS worth the wait! Here are few pictures of the the event.

If Ya get the chance to see it in person, do so!
Great pictures, and a good look at two aboard. Interesting who's in the driver's seat.....

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Jeff,
My guess is the Elio would travel freight (train or truck) to the west coast and go aboard ship after that to Honolulu and be transferred to an inner-island ship for delivery to Hilo.

As far as the Aptera goes I was reservation #853 not really sure the date I reserved but there was only one version all electric. That eventually morphed into an all electric and a hybrid, it was when the Detroit guys came in and took over that I began to loose faith. I got my reservation deposit back when they were rumored to be financially failing. It was like watching a dream die, not that it was such a good product but it was something to look at.

Thanks for the info Bob, appreciate it. What would you say to someone that says the Elio is just like the Aptera, Tucker, Dale, etc.?

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bob, appreciate it. What would you say to someone that says the Elio is just like the Aptera, Tucker, Dale, etc.?
To be honest Jeff I don't know what I'd say.
There is a real possibility that the Elio will fail to get enough funding or something else catastrophic will happen. I believe the design and concept are sound, sound enough to gamble $1000 that this will succeed where the Aptera had failed. With the Aptera it was the customization that killed it, All Electric so range was an issue constantly and multiple "luxury" upgrades killed the simple design / price. I got all my deposit returned from the Aptera so I don't consider it a scam like I hear the Dale was.

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
View attachment 3504 View attachment 3505 View attachment 3506 View attachment 3507 View attachment 3508 View attachment 3509
WELCOME, from the Bayou State, Puna bob. Great to be able to greet you this morning!

Got to visit the Eli Team and sit in the Elio, yesterday down in New Orleans. Waited a VERY long time for that visit, but it WAS worth the wait! Here are few pictures of the the event.

If Ya get the chance to see it in person, do so!
WoW .
I am so jealous Music man Pictures are great. It looks very roomy.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
To be honest Jeff I don't know what I'd say.
There is a real possibility that the Elio will fail to get enough funding or something else catastrophic will happen. I believe the design and concept are sound, sound enough to gamble $1000 that this will succeed where the Aptera had failed. With the Aptera it was the customization that killed it, All Electric so range was an issue constantly and multiple "luxury" upgrades killed the simple design / price. I got all my deposit returned from the Aptera so I don't consider it a scam like I hear the Dale was.

I hear ya. Well, we've got good information here, from Elio Motors, that says they feel very confident with their investors, that EM will make it through the first year of production, so funding shouldn't be an issue.

That's interesting about the Aptera, very glad to hear you got your deposit back.

From my research on the Dale, the Aptera, and the Elio, the Dale was a scam, the Aptera just failed, and Elio has a great shot at success.

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I hear ya. Well, we've got good information here, from Elio Motors, that says they feel very confident with their investors, that EM will make it through the first year of production, so funding shouldn't be an issue.

That's interesting about the Aptera, very glad to hear you got your deposit back.

From my research on the Dale, the Aptera, and the Elio, the Dale was a scam, the Aptera just failed, and Elio has a great shot at success.

I believe the main reason the Aptera failed had to do to an over-complication of a simple design, in an effort to accommodate every request for accessories they added cost, added weight and changed specifications endlessly. They also had an uphill battle with general population accepting such a weird looking vehicle and range anxiety. Elio has made it much farther and is much more mainstream in design (it looks familiar) rather than the Jetson's car. The Elio also uses "familiar" components: an Internal combustion engine, transmission Etc. Not too scary for most and enables us home shop people to work on it comfortably.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations, Music Man. Great pictures. I am so very glad you finally got to meet the Elio and that you thought it worth the wait and the trip. :) Z
Thanks, Z. While the weekend and the experience was really great, the best part of it all occurred to me as I sat there with the steering wheel in hand and looking through the window: "in this very seat, at some point, Z, and ALL of our friends on our Elio Family Forum that have seen this car across America, have sat right HERE! IN THIS VARY CAR! WOW! We really are a close "family!"

Wild thought, but made me feel all warm, and closer to ALL of you!

Thanks for the thoughts and memories guys! :D

Top Bottom