• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Insurance - Cost. - General Discussion And / Or Specifically Advanced Coverages.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got a '13 F150 4 door pickup and full coverage for me in La. is less than $800.00 a year.
But I have my home with them and I'm past 65 so that helps some.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how Geico even had rates with no actual vehicle or test data. I suspect in my area at least full coverage should be in the $400-600 range. I have 3 vehicles with full coverage and a $500 deductable for around $1,350 a year for me and the wife. If you live in NYC or LA I'm sure your rates will be 5 times this amount but its mostly based on your location.
Could be they are getting so many request that the are just throwing out numbers hoping it will stop the calls.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My thinking is that liability insurance is an easier item to forecast because it is more a function of insuring the driver and how likely they are to do harm to others and their property, unless the vehicle is high performance.

Comprehensive and collision, on the other hand would require some kind of estimation of how expensive it would be to repair an Elio. That is kind of hard to do at this point, as the only working models cost almost half a million a piece to make.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One nice thing about GEICO is their mechanical breakdown coverage, which beats the tar out of any extended warranty I have ever looked into. I'm not shilling for them, but I have it on my current ride and it's dirt cheap. For a vehicle that might have considerable teething troubles, I will definitely take that option when the time comes.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AARP Beat them for the same coverage by about 40 dollars a month for us.

Not quite in AARP territory yet, but it's good to know. Do they offer mechanical breakdown coverage too? That'd be great. Subaru wanted >$2k for an extended warranty. GEICO gives me basically the same coverage for about 10% of that number. Only can be done on vehicles bought new, so you pay for the first couple of years even though you can't use it.

RadRich

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Progressive Insurance is one of George Soros's companies and since I have USAA I would never switch
That makes zero sense. I bank with USAA and use their insurance services for my cars, however, USAA does not insure motorcyles; They are partnered with Progressive.

progressive.JPG

I had their Progressive coverage for my motorcycle but when they raised their rate for the next year, I switched to Geico. In the two years I had Gieco, their rate actually went down.

Top Bottom