• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors A Billion Dollar Company

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here we are wringing our hands over the wild changes of the EM stock, trying to figure it out.
I wonder if the board of directors and top executives of EM are laughing at us.
They are all probably very stock market savvy and knew exactly what would happen.

I wonder if any of them are laughing at us.

They are drawing large salaries from EM and getting very large amounts of stock as part of their compensation package.

Our investment is small but a large part of our personal finances compared with theirs.

Hopefully, laughing with us :D

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Market

I believe that there is a large market of school commuters, both HS and Jr. College that we do not hear from. When Elios are available in real time for next semester, Dad will buy the most reliable cheap transportation for his student. (I believe there are thousands like me). That was my plan. She graduates HS in May. I would be much happier if she was driving a 7k Elio than the 5 year old, 20k Mustang she is currently driving on the 25 mile commute to Jr. College. In three years, I will have to make the decision again, 2nd graduate. I want to see an Elio on my driveway. Even if I drive it.

That is if it proves reasonably safe. People thought Smarts would fold like tissue paper in a crash and be death traps, but turns out the cage structure is indeed strong. And cheap, on the used market places like Carmax are flooded with low mileage Smarts around $8k and under. But since I have not been on a HS or College campus in 20+ years I have no idea if the parking lots are littered with them. My son is still 7 years from needing a car, so plenty of time to see how the Elio does for him.

A lot of us who are choosing the Elio are ok with being safer in a crash than a motorcycle but not quite as safe as a traditional car. But if that is the case, I am not getting one for my son as a daily driver. He can make that choice when he is an adult (like riding a motorcycle).

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is if it proves reasonably safe. People thought Smarts would fold like tissue paper in a crash and be death traps, but turns out the cage structure is indeed strong. And cheap, on the used market places like Carmax are flooded with low mileage Smarts around $8k and under. But since I have not been on a HS or College campus in 20+ years I have no idea if the parking lots are littered with them. My son is still 7 years from needing a car, so plenty of time to see how the Elio does for him.

A lot of us who are choosing the Elio are ok with being safer in a crash than a motorcycle but not quite as safe as a traditional car. But if that is the case, I am not getting one for my son as a daily driver. He can make that choice when he is an adult (like riding a motorcycle).

As an adult college student, I can tell you from my observations that are nary a Smart car to be seen, and this is quite a large SUNY campus. Honestly though, would you want to be seen in one of those?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree that some reservationists won't complete their initial reservation purchase, but will likely be second production run Elio customers. I have been following the Elio for 8 years, have a $100 refundable reservation, and no risk. I could walk away anytime, but hang around because I have serious interest in the Elio concept. A certain % of refundable reservationists may already have lost interest due to production delays or will lose interest if production doesn't start soon. My gut feeling is that the max. 250,000 units after production begins is likely when people see the Elio on the roadways.

Your personal start small and scale business philosophy is one that's shared in Arcimoto's business model. It seems like a financially sound startup business logic.

Our grandmothers........pretty much the same...........wise women!
I personally think there are equal chances of never getting to production and explosive growth. By explosive, I mean a Million units/year in year two. The price I expect to come up at least to cover inflation since that price point was first announced and also possibly enough to cover the reservation discount so $7500 seams in the ball park for the base units. I also expect add-ons to be pricey, though I hope they're not.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here we are wringing our hands over the wild changes of the EM stock, trying to figure it out.
I wonder if the board of directors and top executives of EM are laughing at us.
They are all probably very stock market savvy and knew exactly what would happen.

They are drawing large salaries from EM and getting very large amounts of stock as part of their compensation package.

Our investment is small but a large part of our personal finances compared with theirs.

Why would they? even at the lowest points, the stock's discovery price is almost twice the buy-in price of $12. The wild fluctuations are to be expected, but they were on the up side by varying amounts, not the down side. Also, they cannot take paper profits. They have to find a buyer for a huge block of stock in order to do actually profit. They easiest way to do that is to produce the vehicle.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$16,658,000 all in @1k current.
27,000 x 283 (850/3)= $7,641,000
$16,658,000+$7,641,000=
$24,299,000. This is an approximation of the real money
the current reservation 85% all in's
have provided....doesn't reflect
stock offerings or previous equity
investment....all this on one man's
Dream.... pretty cool......
I would only challenge the One Man's Dream portion of the statement. Obviously, over 50,000 share that Dream.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I came across a couple of comments out on the web, purportedly by "investors" that suggested Elio Motors was offered a spot on NASDAQ for listing, but turned that down. I could not find any reason why, or whether it was considered good or bad.

Has anyone else heard or seen comments like that, that EM turned down listing on NASDAQ? Just curious.

Top Bottom