• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors At Clean Energy Summit

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The best reasoning ever! The same logic and reasoning why supporting alternative energy vehicle development and production is important.
One thing that never seems to resonate as much as I think it should is the fact that regardless of the price of gas, an 84 mpg car will cost less to fuel up than a 25 mpg car. It's one of those , "well, duh" things.

Some people are unmoved by environmental, climate, or political issues, but just about everyone understands having extra dollars in their pocket.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing that never seems to resonate as much as I think it should is the fact that regardless of the price of gas, an 84 mpg car will cost less to fuel up than a 25 mpg car. It's one of those , "well, duh" things.

Some people are unmoved by environmental, climate, or political issues, but just about everyone understands having extra dollars in their pocket.
I agree. What's interesting about that is those people that buy/drive an Elio to save some money during fill ups regardless of gas prices and unmoved by environmental, climate, and political issues are indirectly helping out to insure energy security and positive impact on environmental changes. It's a win win.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's another update about the summit:

0b574bcb6d3753406f958c43247d4302?s=50&d=identicon&r=G.jpg

Elio Motors Tour goes to National Clean Energy Summit
by The Elio Team

Elio Motors Tour goes to National Clean Energy Summit

Hello Elio'ers! Over the weekend we were in Las Vegas for the 8th annual National Clean Energy Summit. Nevada is leading the country in solar and geothermal markets, and has become an important hub for clean energy, advanced manufacturing technologies and data centers. The NCES examined the investments, partnerships and innovation necessary to continue this incredible momentum. (cleanenergyprojectnv.org) At 84 MPG and an affordable price point, it was to be expected that Elio Motors would be included on the guest list.

Speaking of guest lists, there was a rather important person in attendance. Some would even say he is the most powerful man in the world. We were incredibly honored to hear President Barack Obama give the keynote speech. He shared his vision, under the new Clean Power Plan, for the continued development of a clean energy economy. Security was obviously tight, but we are hopeful that the far-reaching buzz of a three-wheeler that is on a mission to change the world made its way to a certain someone.

[Broken External Image]

The crowd listens as the keynote speaker, President Barack Obama, makes his speech.

On the road, we like to ask folks what their favorite part of the Elio Motors project is. It's always interesting to learn how the responses vary from state-to-state. It usually boils down to one of these three: value, American manufacturing, and environmental impact. Last week in Detroit, our core messaging surrounded our impact on American manufacturing. So, this week at the National Clean Energy Summit, it's only appropriate we focused on the Elio's positive effect on the environment. In an Elio, you’ll be putting far less pollutants in the air than even the most environmentally-friendly cars. Multiply that times the number of Elios projected to be sold, and America could save almost 5 billion gallons of fuel per year. All the while reducing harmful CO2 emissions by more than 90 billion pounds. To find out more about our "green"-ness, check out our website.

Come see us at a stop near you. Find our schedule below or one that is updated real-time at www.eliomotors.com/find-us

UPCOMING SCHEDULE - P4

Aug 28, 2015 - Aug 30, 2015

Sonoma, CA - Sonoma Raceway - GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma - Indy Car Series - See Sonoma Raceway website for details. http://www.racesonoma.com More to come!

Sep 05, 2015 - Sep 07, 2015

Sausalito, CA - Labor Day Weekend - Sausalito Art Festival - Stay tuned for location details.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't hear Obama's remarks, but whatever you think of the man, the true value of the Elio is in helping to reduce our carbon footprint -- like solar, wind, tidal bores, geothermal, and GETTING OFF THE OIL TIT altogether. It's not money that's at stake here, it's survival. Picture what happens to India (which has nukes) and to Bangladesh when the Ganges dries up because the Himalyan glaciers have melted. Think they won't use those nukes against Pakistan?

And what happens when California can no longer support mega-cities because there isn't enough water?

Worse still, nobody knows how tolerant plankton are of temperature change -- though "blobs" like that off Seattle have killed off all sea life within them. And if the plankton go, there goes a huge portion of our oxygen supply.

These are not far-fetched scenarios. They are probable outcomes if we don't stop trashing the planet NOW. Every step in that direction is worth taking, and to have a president who actually gets this is important. Think beyond your noses, guys. It's some of us and our kids who will be in deep dust -- and our grandkids, if there are any, for sure. WAKE UP NOW.
That's what I like about the Elio, while it helps the 99%, it also helps in the areas of common good. Off my soapbox now.
BTW, if Obama doesn't verbally support it, that might keep Fox news liking it. Ultimately they are on the Red side of the show.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what I like about the Elio, while it helps the 99%, it also helps in the areas of common good. Off my soapbox now.
BTW, if Obama doesn't verbally support it, that might keep Fox news liking it. Ultimately they are on the Red side of the show.
I miss the old days of Red, White, and Blue politics. A candidiate was elected and then everybody got busy to get something done 'for the people' with the necessary compromise required to get it done.........not perfect........just better. That may have been soapbox too as I steppppp..........fall off.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In answer to the original question; I just got this last night:

ELIO_LOGO_R_2328x1144.jpg

August 24, 2015

Hello Coss,

This week, we’re rubbing shoulders with some pretty big shooters. How big, you ask?

How about the leader of the free world...

Elio Motors was asked to participate in the National Clean Energy Summit in Las Vegas that took place today, Aug. 24. One of the event speakers? None other than President Barack Obama.

Frankly, it’s an honor to be included in an event where the President has such a prominent role.

The National Clean Energy Summit has been a prominent forum for clean energy development discussions for eight years and serves as a gathering of leaders and top policymakers. For Elio Motors, it’s a chance to share our environmental and fuel efficiency messages with an influential audience.

We’re working hard to deliver a highly fuel-efficient vehicle and to help reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Your support will help make it happen. The funds we raise in our current Regulation A+ crowdfunding initiative will pay for the engineering vehicles – code named E1 through E25 – that we’ll use to make the final adjustments to reach these fuel efficiency goals.

Amazing fuel efficiency along with low price, American-made, and safe make up our four “must-haves.” If your friends would like to join you in supporting these lofty and important goals, it’s not too late to make a non-binding expression of interest*. Anyone interested in investing can still make a non-binding expression of interest at www.eliomotors.com/equity.

Thank you for keeping the dream alive.

The Elio Motors Team

*No money or other consideration is being solicited at this time, and if sent in to Elio Motors, will not be accepted. No offer to buy securities of Elio Motors can be accepted and no part of the purchase price can be received until Elio Motor’s offering statement is qualified. Any such offer to buy securities may be withdrawn or revoked, without obligation or commitment of any kind, at any time before notice of its acceptance is given after the qualification date. Any indications of interest in Elio Motor’s offering involves no obligation or commitment of any kind.
I think we all did :D

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think attending the Clean Energy Summit provides for better exposure and access to potential venture funding than any of the 'Car Shows'.
I agree. I believe EM was one of just three vehicle companies (Toyota and Xtreme Green the other two) and the only "motorcycle/autocycle" company there.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I believe EM was one of just three vehicle companies (Toyota and Xtreme Green the other two) and the only "motorcycle/autocycle" company there.
Toyota may have had their i-Road EV Concept on display. The i-Road Concept is a tilting three wheeler
(40 mph) city commuter.............autoscooter.

image.jpg

Top Bottom