• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Complaints, Face Book

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like social media just fine. It's Fraudbook in particular that I don't like.

The avowed purpose of Facebook is to extract as much personally-identifiable information out of you as possible (thus "real names") and sell it to the highest bidder. Elio Owners does not have that purpose.

Remember, Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO, said of you: "They trust me. Dumb F%cks."
My sole use of Facebook is to follow three wheeler vehicle concept Company FaceBook Pages -- Elio Motors, Lit Motors, Arcimoto, and TerraCraft only to find out you say Zuckerberg name called me for using FB as one source of information.

Since I lack the trust gene.........trust has nothing to do with it. I don't even trust your posted Zuckerberg quote or would give any of them a non-refundable reservation deposit. I don't even trust that I'm guaranteed to get my refundable reservation actually refunded.

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I used to frequent the Elio Future Owners (something like that) Facebook page. Lots of negativity there, so I don't go there any longer.

It's a place where you can easily attack or easily be attacked. There is the occasional constructive sharing of information there, but for the most part, comments are made there to tell those of us that are interested in the Elio, how wrong we are. You defend yourself or Elio, and the negativity continues. I have better ways to spend my time.

:rockon: :sleep: :music:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Half tempted to open an account and get on EM's Facebook page as "The King of all Elio Haters" and just start spouting such crazy crap that even the 'true haters' would feel obligated to set me straight. Then start accusing the Elio haters of being Elio shills on the payroll. A conspiracy theory double-agent. ;)

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Right or wrong...Elio Motors decided years ago to use Facebook as a marketing tool...

Some of the negativity has been a direct result of Elio's missed production date estimates...

Elio must still believe that Facebook offer's a benefit to their marketing program... otherwise they would have closed the Elio Motors Facebook page...

The negativity will subside when & if Elio is able to produce and validate a fleet of prototypes...

Within 6 months we'll know the future of the Elio story...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Half tempted to open an account and get on EM's Facebook page as "The King of all Elio Haters" and just start spouting such crazy crap that even the 'true haters' would feel obligated to set me straight. Then start accusing the Elio haters of being Elio shills on the payroll. A conspiracy theory double-agent. ;)
So let's see it's $68,000, gets 8.4mpg, seats one, has 13 wheels and it's Hydrogen fuel cell. Is that close enough? :becky:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Right or wrong...Elio Motors decided years ago to use Facebook as a marketing tool...
Some of the negativity has been a direct result of Elio's missed production date estimates...
Elio must still believe that Facebook offer's a benefit to their marketing program... otherwise they would have closed the Elio Motors Facebook page...
The negativity will subside when & if Elio is able to produce and validate a fleet of prototypes...
Direct question to you Aprilia, do you know how to answer PM's (Private Messages)? Do you see the INBOX at the top of the first page? Have you gone in there? If you haven't, I suggest you do so very soon. Since you have continued to refuse to answer PM's, telling you on the main floor is the only way we can talk to you; we would rather do it in private.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Is there a business that doesn't? The dog groomer in my dinky town advertises her business on FB.

Most of the remarks I read the one time I went there were just unsubstantiated rantings of miserable people that were too lazy, or stupid, or both, to fact check their claims or listen to reason, then repeat their 'claims' ad naseum.

Yep! Got that right. But can you imagine what the 'haters' would say about EM closing the page?

Not likely. They'll find some ridiculous nit-picking minutia to cry about. It's in their nature.

Can't argue with that!

Top Bottom