• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Engine Unveiling 2/6/2015 -3/6/2015

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No I'm saying IAV took on the EM engine development contract with a required down payment to get the work started and required additional payments to cover development milestones along the way. IAV would not release the engine until final payments are in full. Good business with no risk to IAV whatsoever.

It's likely we will still smell the burning fumes of the running engine start soon after a funding source score announcement.

The delays, both production and the engine start event were caused by the absence of Benjamin Franklins, the most important player and progress stops in his absence on the development track to production.IMO
What would be the motivation for IAV to offer Elio an installment payment plan for; design, build, and testing of an expensive project from an unknown company like Elio? There is a lot of risk in that. The other way around is more logical, IAV failed to deliver something within Elio's spec therefore Elio is withholding money until IAV corrects an issue - though I don't believe that either.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What would be the motivation for IAV to offer Elio an installment payment plan for; design, build, and testing of an expensive project from an unknown company like Elio? There is a lot of risk in that. The other way around is more logical, IAV failed to deliver something within Elio's spec therefore Elio is withholding money until IAV corrects an issue - though I don't believe that either.
The IAV motivation would be to lock in the engine development contract with enough downpayment to make it risk free. It's likely IAV feels Elio has potential to be successful. Keep in mind Elio was named in an article as being the most successful new startup business in the USA without a product. I am amazed by that fun but rather scary distinction.

Even if IAV is 'strapped' with a 3 cylinder high mpg engine that they designed and developed perhaps VW will use it in a future concept vehicle or IAV can sell it to another auto manufacturer. It's a financial win win for IAV.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The IAV motivation would be to lock in the engine development contract with enough downpayment to make it risk free. It's likely IAV feels Elio has potential to be successful. Keep in mind Elio was named in an article as being the most successful new startup business in the USA without a product. I am amazed by that fun but rather scary distinction.

Even if IAV is 'strapped' with a 3 cylinder high mpg engine that they designed and developed perhaps VW will use it in a future concept vehicle or IAV can sell it to another auto manufacturer. It's a financial win win for IAV.
Hmm if that's the case, it could be our investor didn't want to pay until it was done to the first run, and IAV wouldn't allow the demo until it was paid, therefore the power testing ( or some completion of work ) would need to be done before any public demos.

Either way, somehow related to funding approval / release.

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So let me get this 'straight', after announcing the THIRD major delay in their production schedule (Jun/Jul 2014->1st Qtr 2015->3rd Qtr 2015->First ½ 2016), Elio Motors has their first MAJOR PROGRESS announcement since the P4; the Public Unveiling of the IAV Engine (hopefully scheduled and coordinated with IAV, important visitors, and the Press, BEFORE announcing the date), 6 Feb 2015. The same engine that took them 7 months (since accepting the cast parts in April 2014) to machine and assemble, and a Dyno testing date (pushed from 15 Nov 2014 to 28/29 Jan 2015); finally ready to reveal to the PUBLIC..... and TWO DAYS prior a 'stakeholder' says they can't attend.... so the entire event is CANCELLED, and can't be re-scheduled in over THREE WEEKS. For such a VITAL component of the Elio Autocycle, with the disclosure of their financial 'shortcomings', and increasing public concern over lack of demonstrated 'progress'; one would think that any important 'Stakeholder', worth his salt, would DEMAND they continue.... without him.... just to increase confidence in the company and encourage future major investors.

Just does not pass the “smell test”!
Is there any news in your post? Do you think we don't all know this stuff? Does it make you feel better to regurgitate it for us? How's your blood pressure? Maybe you should walk away from all this... Do US and YOURSELF a favor! Come back in six months, maybe things will be better by then.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

My money is on the unicorns are having a labor dispute and and the friggin smurfs (how can you trust someone who's blue) can't come to an agreement, long story short, IAV can't complete the project. :mad: :(

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No I'm saying IAV took on the EM engine development contract with a required down payment to get the work started and required additional payments to cover development milestones along the way. IAV would not release the engine until final payments are in full. Good business with no risk to IAV whatsoever.

It's likely we will still smell the burning fumes of the running engine start soon after a funding source score announcement.

The delays, both production and the engine start event were caused by the absence of Benjamin Franklins, the most important player and progress stops in his absence on the development track to production.IMO
That may be true... but we'll never know.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Frankly, I appreciate Past Fanatics comments as it keeps me reminded of EM's track record, where they have been, where they are currently, and where I hope they end up. However, I genuinely worry about his blood pressure and it would be more healthful to simply resolve his issues. It is what it is at this point and everyone involved has a degree of disappointment.

There is an EM trend of three delay announcements that I don't think can be repeated a fourth time with this last anticipated 2016 production target. I don't think there would be a second extension offer.

I'm hoping for a Santa Clause miracle and that our Elio's are delivered by the end of 2016. What a way to start a 2017 new year, seems so damn far off!

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We won't release the engine until it's paid for"...."Well WE won't pay for the engine until it's released"....Oh my oh my... ;-)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My money is on the unicorns are having a labor dispute and and the friggin smurfs (how can you trust someone who's blue) can't come to an agreement, long story short, IAV can't complete the project. :mad: :(
IAV has likely completed the project, but just won't release it. Speaking of trusting Smurfs.
image.jpg

Top Bottom