• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Launches Fleet Sales Division

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't think of a single military use for the Elio, unfortunately... Even delivering a small part in the missile field takes 2 people and half the time, they have to take cold weather gear with them... no go for the Elio... When TDY, perhaps there is some place where a single driver is going somewhere and they don't need to carry any gear or parts... I just can't place it.
I have a military use. Recruiters. All the recruiters around here travel solo over 75% of the time. This would be the perfect vehicle for them on those occasions.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a military use. Recruiters. All the recruiters around here travel solo over 75% of the time. This would be the perfect vehicle for them on those occasions.
I didn't think of them. I thought they were picking up or dropping people off or carrying tables and chairs and such.

Ausrere

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think it'd be great for some police traffic units, maybe not highway units but definitely city traffic units that don't have to work up much speed, but somehow I don't think the traffic officers would agree with me. ;)

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
........Could you imagine a regular car rental place renting out Elios? Probably not very many people traveling by themselves that could use an Elio unless there was a way to strap a suitcase on top... But, a rental place might be able to make some decent money... "Rent an Elio for $80 a day - free fuel!"

Okay, enough drivel... sorry about that to anyone reading this far along. I'll keep them more on topic from here on out.

I think that there is a great opportunity for rental car places. There are tons of business travelers who travel alone and most of the time, they travel light (carry on sized luggage) so they can avoid baggage pick up or lost luggage.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that there is a great opportunity for rental car places. There are tons of business travelers who travel alone and most of the time, they travel light (carry on sized luggage) so they can avoid baggage pick up or lost luggage.

I am one of those business travelers. I don't travel as much as I used to but I used to fly in and out of a different city weekly, at times more than one city in a week, with only a laptop bag and a small rolling suitcase just large enough to fit a few days worth of clothes. I can see where an Elio would definitely provide a cheaper option for travelers however to be honest my willingness to rent one would likely come down to how the business travel was being paid.
In many circumstances I have been either an employee or a contractor with all my expenses covered and no real incentive to save money by renting an ultra small and cheap rental car. However as a business owner who pays out of my own pocket to travel to business meetings to close deals and/or jobs where I have to bid an all inclusive price and every extra dollar comes out of my pocket I have found myself paying much closer attention to how much travel costs and I would very likely choose to rent an Elio.

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it'd be great for some police traffic units, maybe not highway units but definitely city traffic units that don't have to work up much speed, but somehow I don't think the traffic officers would agree with me. ;)

I remember when the city cops checking meters would be in a 3 wheel cushman.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I have to travel overnight for business the Elio will fit my needs. Now if I have to bring the wife that's a different story. I will need a trailer for shoes only. Do you feel my pain ?
No I don't feel your pain. LOL. You could buy an extra Elio for your wife and a third for your butler to carry the shoes and you'd still save money. LOL

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I have to travel overnight for business the Elio will fit my needs. Now if I have to bring the wife that's a different story. I will need a trailer for shoes only. Do you feel my pain ?
Oh boy can I relate to that but not because of me. I had a young man from Saudi Arabia live with me while studying English who arrived with 3 huge suitcases. One was only shoes. I have never seen so many beautiful shoes in my life and I suspect they were all Italian leather. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom