• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ New York Auto Show 2015

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He can't delay production past the first half of next year. There will be fines placed on EM for not producing the jobs that were promised. I'm pretty sure this was part of the deal in procuring the factory. For a start up company with funding issues, additional fines could be devistating.
Say, I have an idea!! Why not produce say 500 cars FOR FREE, that is the workers volunteer to produce 500 cars on the assembly line free to get the ball rolling. They will be compensated after the demand starts to soar or even be given a bonus to kick start the company's production. There has to be a feasible way to get the production started. Gather up the parts for the 500 cars, and let's get going!

Reactions: DWR

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Say, I have an idea!! Why not produce say 500 cars FOR FREE, that is the workers volunteer to produce 500 cars on the assembly line free to get the ball rolling. They will be compensated after the demand starts to soar or even be given a bonus to kick start the company's production. There has to be a feasible way to get the production started. Gather up the parts for the 500 cars, and let's get going!
"Who's with me? AAAAAHHHHHH...!!!
*runs from room*

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The city of Detroit, Michigan filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy on July 18, 2013. It is the largest municipal bankruptcy filing in U.S. history by debt, estimated at $18–20 billion.
Why would a company looking for financing go someplace with that track record as compared to the financial capital of the world?
Hello, you are just comparing the city of Detroit- you are not considering the vastly more diverse economic region of SE Michigan as a whole. The Auto Show in Detroit drew people from around the world, not just in the confines of the City of Detroit.

Reactions: DWR

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great idea- but did you know most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello, you are just comparing the city of Detroit- you are not considering the vastly more diverse economic region of SE Michigan as a whole. The Auto Show in Detroit drew people from around the world, not just in the confines of the City of Detroit.
No one's comparing the City of Detroit's vast appeal to the folks in the region. It's there is just no other large city to compare- whose infrastructure is so broken, the government so corrupt, that the state had to save it from going under. The best solution, knock the few remaining houses down,(which will be faster than waiting for them to be set afire), and create a beautiful park that would encourage the suburbs to visit for more than the length of a ball/hockey game

Top Bottom