• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors One Day Event?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I just found an answer why I no longer see it, I was reading some site rules and found this....

May I ask people to upvote for my product?
Please don't. People should upvote things they genuinely like or find interesting, not because they were peer pressured to do so. Feel free to spread the word and bring friends into the discussion, but asking or incentivizing people to upvote may trigger the algorithm to drop the product in the ranks or remove it from the front page entirely.

I don't know that Paul specifically violated this, but I can't find Elio on the front page so I can only guess the algorithm was triggered and dropped the product from the front page entirely.
I see them where they are supposed to be.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only found it by using the link that John Painter provided. When I looked though the list I could not find it either.
Right, that's what I see which to me means, no one scrolling to see the different products can see the Elio. Sure us fans at this site all have the link to the Elio info portion, but this whole experience was meant to introduce the Elio to those that don't know about it yet.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And after playing with the Product Hunt yesterday, I'm getting unknown emails from people on twitter asking me to follow them.
One even did their business promo to have my website advertised for only $10.
Then a junk email with attachment saying I authorized a payment for a villa in France; just open the attachment to see the details.
Yeah, like I'm going to take the bait on that scam. Sorry, I don't feel like cleaning out Malware today.

I did expect this, you always get the "greeter trolls" any time you play in areas like this.

Reaction score
yet another reason I'm perfectly content to live in a twitter free zone .. :ranger:
I ran into this when I experimented with skype. It was worth it because I got to visit a special meeting in California, sitting on my sofa in my pajamas. I can't use internet explorer ever again. Weird stuff happens on it now. No big deal.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I just found an answer why I no longer see it, I was reading some site rules and found this....

May I ask people to upvote for my product?
Please don't. People should upvote things they genuinely like or find interesting, not because they were peer pressured to do so. Feel free to spread the word and bring friends into the discussion, but asking or incentivizing people to upvote may trigger the algorithm to drop the product in the ranks or remove it from the front page entirely.

I don't know that Paul specifically violated this, but I can't find Elio on the front page so I can only guess the algorithm was triggered and dropped the product from the front page entirely.
Follow up: I received a reply from one of my tweets promoting the Elio from a Product hunt intern asking me to not ask for upvotes. So, yes, self promoting or even your fans promoting is frowned upon.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What's this "twitter" you speak of? I've never owned a cellphone.
[just kidding on the first statement :rolleyes:]
Never been a big 'social media' guy. I prefer to do my socializing in person. [Elio Owner's excepted]
I was in a pizza place and noticed a mother, father, and their son and daughter sitting at a table waiting for a pizza. Each person had a cell phone looking at the internet.

I have no family, but if I did, I think I would want us to interact with each other more than that.

Perhaps it was a failed family and they found the internet more important than each other.

Top Bottom