• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio New Dash

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's not just ugly, but YOU-gly. Why do they ever let engineers do styling? It's that fascination with numbers thing, I guess. I'm still saving money for an aftermarket substitute, anyone want a zero-mile replacement Elgin dash?

BTW, is that $2K Skyz panel still going to look like a glued-up afterthought residing behind your right fist? For the money, I'd expect it to be located in the instrument binnacle replacing the Elgin dash altogether.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like it. A little busy looking with all the idiot lights lit up, but overall looks somewhat retro and different, much like the Elio itsself. Hopefully, all those idiot lights wouldn't come on at the same time while driving down the highway or the Elio might explode. I still hold my final judgement until I'm looking at that Elgin dash while sitting behind the wheel of an actual Elio P Model.

I do know I wouldn't spend $2k to cover it up at a quarter to a third of the cost of the Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's not just ugly, but YOU-gly. Why do they ever let engineers do styling? It's that fascination with numbers thing, I guess. I'm still saving money for an aftermarket substitute, anyone want a zero-mile replacement Elgin dash?

BTW, is that $2K Skyz panel still going to look like a glued-up afterthought residing behind your right fist? For the money, I'd expect it to be located in the instrument binnacle replacing the Elgin dash altogether.
The entire Elio Concept is engineer inspired. If Elio engineers weren't stylin there would be no Elio.

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is the idiot light translator.
FB_IMG_1435331370268.jpg

Just having a little fun ;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
For me that Elgin dash just wastes so much space; you could put 3 or 4 more gauges on that faceplate; Oil Pressure, Coolant temp, charge and when the turbo comes out, boost. Functional gauges that actually tell you how the vehicle is operating.
Yes I know that the majority of todays drivers could care less about knowing that; but then again, why do you need a tachometer in an automatic?

Top Bottom