• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio New Dash

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
StartEngine has the new Elio dash. It may be other places too.

The dash has fourteen idiot lights. Fourteen! I have four cars from the 1960’s, and they don’t even have fourteen things going on in the car!

There is a gas gage on the right side. I wish they had a gage on the left side to balance it and give it symmetry. Perhaps a temperature gage.

Is this the steering wheel that will be in the production models?

I see the numbers 523 on the dash. Is this a clock showing the time of day, or the odometer indication mileage?

I heard we had to have the infinite skyz to get a remote door unlock. Is this correct?

Do we have to have the infinite skyz to get a back up camera? I don’t like the ipad sticking our there. I think it is ugly. Can infinite skyz be added on after purchase?

I hope the pedals for the clutch and brake are not the curved ones I saw once. If someone has a picture of them, would you please post it.

I would think there would be a thread about the new dash. Have I missed it? Please blend this thread if there is.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The dash has fourteen idiot lights. Fourteen! I have four cars from the 1960’s, and they don’t even have fourteen things going on in the car!

There is a gas gage on the right side. I wish they had a gage on the left side to balance it and give it symmetry. Perhaps a temperature gage.

I see the numbers 523 on the dash. Is this a clock showing the time of day, or the odometer indication mileage?

I heard we had to have the infinite skyz to get a remote door unlock. Is this correct?

Do we have to have the infinite skyz to get a back up camera? I don’t like the ipad sticking our there. I think it is ugly. Can infinite skyz be added on after purchase?

I hope the pedals for the clutch and brake are not the curved ones I saw once. If someone has a picture of them, would you please post it.

I would think there would be a thread about the new dash. Have I missed it? Please blend this thread if there is.

I think I heard the steering wheel came out of a Camaro (at least the one in the P4). I'd think the one in the image would reflect the final design. Might still be a Camaro steering wheel. "Off the shelf" parts!

'523' looks like an odometer to me. I hope there's a Trip Odometer, too. I've grown accustomed to them, resetting them every time I fill the gas tank.

Keyless entry has been standard all along. I don't think you'll need 'SkyzMatic' for that. Power Windows, Power lock have been there all along.

There was talk of a backup camera before Infinite Skyz showed up. Right now they show both options in the 'customize' section of the web site.

P4 is automatic, so we haven't seen a clutch pedal yet. P5 sounds as if it will have a Manual, so it should have a clutch. And hopefully closer to final interior everything.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and i blew up the center...
bDuhAh9.jpg

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i like it... but I do agree there is some wasted dash space on the left side... temp would be nice, but it looks like it is in the center there... that looks like the icon anyways...
[Broken External Image]
Great picture! Where did you find this? I looked on the Elio website. Perhaps I didn't look close enough.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm guessing the 523 is the countdown clock showing the estimated number of days to production.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is holding back from mentioning the most obvious of all, for fear we will get on that subject again.

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a final design. It seems like most ATM transmissions also have a display for the selected gear (a previous version of that dash had it too), as on can’t see which gear is selected it from the position of the shift lever.

Top Bottom