• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Now Getting Serious About Manufacturing ...

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a lot of experience in building manufacturer facilities but not much in the Automotive industry .The only one that we did a little consulting for was GM at the Bowling Green plant .The budget was $50,000,000 to convert the production line from C5 to C6 Corvettes .That was an existing production line that did not include engines or transmissions .Oh ,and there was a $15,000,000 cost over run .

This said I doubt that Mr Elio would not have gotten this far without a good business plan that addresses the engine build .

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny, as my two uncles who retired from Chrysler actually used to work at the minivan plant in St. Louis.

If you want real information on this guy, I will ask my uncles who used to work at that plant.
And yes, one of them was 2nd shift supervisor, the other third shift supervisor.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gino didn't mention Comau. IAV is doing the design work. Comau is doing the mfg.
As Jerome stated, Comau did the engine machining at the Shreveport plant. Comau
has surveyed the plant & their tooling is still there & up to the tasks at hand. All of
this cuts the cost curve. With the Chinese order in Paul's back pocket (sure hope he
has it in writing) it makes things really interesing around the Private Placement table..... :)
I mentioned the Chinese order way back and everyone said I was full sh-t.
Is it real or not?
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/pre-orders-just-under-136-000-units.463/

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was in a video. The Silver Elio was in the background... It was the worst video ever but you could hear the Elio guy and whoever took the video talking about a lot of things. The Chinese order of a crapload (can't remember the exact number but I did see the video just yesterday here on the forum) came from that. I haven't seen nor heard anything since.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was in a video. The Silver Elio was in the background... It was the worst video ever but you could hear the Elio guy and whoever took the video talking about a lot of things. The Chinese order of a crapload (can't remember the exact number but I did see the video just yesterday here on the forum) came from that. I haven't seen nor heard anything since.

125K is a c##P load............ :)

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
125K is a c##P load............ :)
My wife has an apartment in Beijing and works for the commies 6 months out of the year .In general Chinese business people have no morals or ethics and are pathological lairs .
That said it's all possibly and I hope it does .Payment structure would be extremely important .

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Here is the latest on Gino from Elio on Twitter: http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=24b371802c83d81776b06aa68&id=72e91759db&e=[UNIQID] :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Gino didn't mention Comau. IAV is doing the design work. Comau is doing the mfg.
As Jerome stated, Comau did the engine machining at the Shreveport plant. Comau
has surveyed the plant & their tooling is still there & up to the tasks at hand. All of
this cuts the cost curve. With the Chinese order in Paul's back pocket (sure hope he
has it in writing) it makes things really interesing around the Private Placement table..... :)

Gino mentioned Europeans for the engine machining and Comau is an Italian company with Fiat being a major stakeholder. My guess is he meant Comau when he spoke about the Europeans.

Top Bottom