• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio P5 At Detroit Auto Show

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone else gets the credit for this picture, not I.

_dsc0419-l-jpg.7966.jpg

The dome/cabin light is nice, but it would be better if it was on the same side as the door. In its current position, it will blind the driver as he is getting in. If it was moved to the same side as the door, it would not blind the driver as they are entering, but would indirectly light up the interior very well.
So, you'd rather be blinded getting out? [emoji12]

(Really, my commuter car has about 9 interior lights, none are what I'd call blinding)

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, you'd rather be blinded getting out? [emoji12]

(Really, my commuter car has about 9 interior lights, none are what I'd call blinding)
I agree, at least you will be able to see the ignition switch while inserting the key.
Some other things I really like:
View of the hood pins. Looks like it will be real easy to swap for "locking latches."
Dressed up the wiring and such in the engine bay (vs the LA show pictures)
Installed a real efficient and simple rear latch support.
Lots of room between the brake and gas pedals. No more "oops, I hit the wrong pedal", while crashing into a building.
Side bolsters on the drivers seat look real good for an easy in and out.
(Wore the bolster out on the G1 because the seat it is so low.)

Pictures are excellent........but..............No pictures of the right (passenger) side?
Again thk for the pics.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, at least you will be able to see the ignition switch while inserting the key.
Some other things I really like:
View of the hood pins. Looks like it will be real easy to swap for "locking latches."
Dressed up the wiring and such in the engine bay (vs the LA show pictures)
Installed a real efficient and simple rear latch support.
Lots of room between the brake and gas pedals. No more "oops, I hit the wrong pedal", while crashing into a building.
Side bolsters on the drivers seat look real good for an easy in and out.
(Wore the bolster out on the G1 because the seat it is so low.)

Pictures are excellent........but..............No pictures of the right (passenger) side?
Again thk for the pics.
They're still debating staying with pins or going to a latch.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They're still debating staying with pins or going to a latch.
... and I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for a latch. You really shouldn't have to open the hood for anything but refilling (replacing?) the washer fluid bottle and with half the windshield, that should last twice as long. I'd rather not have hood pins out there tempting people... or disturbing my quiet air flow. The more laminar the air flow, the less wind noise...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My turn; on the right side, in the red area, directly under the outside mirror, and to the right of the E-brake there is some kind of slide switch, or something there; what is it?

I think that is a reflection of what formerly was called the cigarette lighter.

I understand so few people smoke today and cigarettes are not in vogue, they have renamed it.

Top Bottom