• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Progress

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So we're pushed out to late 2017?

This is becoming like Fusion power, always 30 years away.

I can easily see the "wait and see" crowd growing and in investment crowd shrinking.

You all probably know that I'm a pretty rabid supporter of the Elio, but at this point, the wonder and awe has been replaced with resignation.

I know that it'll happen, but I'm not talking about it anymore and I'm not making any plans around it. I've had too many of these conversations:

Friend: I thought it was coming out this summer
Me: Yeah, me too.
Friend: So next year?
Me: (sighs) I dunno..

So whatever, it'll happen when it happens.
(I don't care anymore)

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, I'm still confused, I thought I just learned that if it comes down to earth-meteorite?
Cartoon shows a (?) coming down to earth, and's calling it a meteor ?? It's getting so's ya can't trust what you read on the net. :(
It's a meteorITE, once it hits the ground!
me·te·or·ite
ˈmēdēəˌrīt/
noun
  1. a meteor that survives its passage through the earth's atmosphere such that part of it strikes the ground. More than 90 percent of meteorites are of rock, while the remainder consist wholly or partly of iron and nickel.

Last edited:

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 100 pre-production units were listed on the investor meeting slides about 2 weeks ago. It was not discussed. With it being put together for possible investors, Paul wasn't going to mention it as a delay. He didn't answer any questions about it either. He got to select the questions he answered and we didn't get to see the questions being asked. Very confident that he doesn't have the funding. He didn't answer if he had the funding to complete the engineering models.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no use in waiting around for a "maybe", life is way too short for that. We can all hope to drive our Elios before we die, but since there is no guarantee when either will happen it makes no sense to put life on hold.

If you want a new car, get a new car. If you need cheap, reliable transportation then get a used Civic or Corolla, or even cheaper a 5-6 year old Kia or Hyundai that still have a couple years of powertrain warranty left. No one will judge you for taking care of yourself, especially since we have no concrete release date and the latest projected date is still a year away.

In my case, I was in the market for a fun commuter to use when it was not good motorcycle weather. I was going to wait for the Elio, but gave in and picked up my Miata. I am so happy with it now that I am planning on selling my bike in the spring... But I still want my Elio :)
Good for you Maurtis! I almost made a deposit for the Tesla 3 but good thing I didn't do it because I've got my eye on the Chevy BOLT (EV) which should be available next year!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm still looking for input on these items, I changed them a bit. Thanks to NorTracNY who gave some thoughts on these, and Coss spoke on the suppliers at the plant. Thanks!
  • The 100 pre-production vehicles, target date has moved to Q3 '17; was there a reason given?
  • In Elio's original plan showing the months and what milestones they wanted to hit, what month are we in... is it about Month 8 now? That plan has to be changed since the 100 vehicles target has been moved out 9 months, yes?
  • Other than the seat manufacturer, are there any other suppliers committed to setting up in the Shreveport plant?
  • The 65,000 reservations amount was established by EM as the limit for folks who can get a locked base price; do we have any information on what EM will do once the 65,000 reservations are reached? I always viewed it as a way to generate some demand and more reservations, but I'm curious if we have a good idea of what EM plans after that.
  • How many engineering vehicles do we know have been completed? I believe the first one was done in July. Four E vehicles in about a 7 month stretch is sort of under-achieving, yes?
  • What's the most recent good news / milestone reached / encouraging event in your eyes?
Sigh, and it just make sense, since EM has not updated us on how many of the E-series test vehicles has been made/completed. Without them to validate, then the 100 pre-prod will be on hold. And I'm saying all along, no money, no honey! And the waiting continues......

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So we're pushed out to late 2017?

This is becoming like Fusion power, always 30 years away.

I can easily see the "wait and see" crowd growing and in investment crowd shrinking.

You all probably know that I'm a pretty rabid supporter of the Elio, but at this point, the wonder and awe has been replaced with resignation.

I know that it'll happen, but I'm not talking about it anymore and I'm not making any plans around it. I've had too many of these conversations:

Friend: I thought it was coming out this summer
Me: Yeah, me too.
Friend: So next year?
Me: (sighs) I dunno..

So whatever, it'll happen when it happens.
(I don't care anymore)
Excitement :p...enthusiasm :rolleyes:.....eagerness ;)....confusion :eek:...frustration :confused:....anger :mad:....resignation :(....don't care! :cool: Oh yeah, been there, done that! :D Yes, we are nowhere near in acquiring our priced TOY!
Friend: Sooo, where's that 7k ELIO?
Me: It's supposed to be next year now...
Friend: I told you it can't be done at that price...you're money's gone dude!
Me: It's been gone so shut up already.:D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 100 pre-production units were listed on the investor meeting slides about 2 weeks ago. It was not discussed. With it being put together for possible investors, Paul wasn't going to mention it as a delay. He didn't answer any questions about it either. He got to select the questions he answered and we didn't get to see the questions being asked. Very confident that he doesn't have the funding. He didn't answer if he had the funding to complete the engineering models.
Wasn't that the specific purpose for the A+ Reg ($25 Million).............. Small investor funding earmarked to fund the E builds and testing?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They didn't get 25M. And even back then, I was one of the only ones who were saying, "Wait a minute, that's not nearly enough money to even begin to complete and test 23 pre-production prototypes while continuing on with the current payroll, advertising and dog and pony show" But then, as usual, what do I know?

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They didn't get 25M. And even back then, I was one of the only ones who were saying, "Wait a minute, that's not nearly enough money to even begin to complete and test 23 pre-production prototypes while continuing on with the current payroll, advertising and dog and pony show" But then, as usual, what do I know?
You know and recall more than I do! :) Seems like a long time ago. I checked back and you are right. The funding goal was to raise $25 Million and apparently EM raised slightly over $17 Million. However, statements indicated that it surpassed the $12.6 Million needed to fund the engineering and prototyping for the E Series.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sigh, and it just make sense, since EM has not updated us on how many of the E-series test vehicles has been made/completed. Without them to validate, then the 100 pre-prod will be on hold. And I'm saying all along, no money, no honey! And the waiting continues......
Remember money isn't everything, but they won't go out with you if you have none

Top Bottom