• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Progress

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, hanging it up on Elio, Electra M will credit me with my money, so thats the route I will be going. Not a fan of EV, but I will have to see how it works out. At least the Solo is "in production", maybe slow, but making definite measurable progress.
Good luck, my friends. Keep your chins up. Someday Paul may get his act together, but not in my lifetime.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, hanging it up on Elio, Electra M will credit me with my money, so thats the route I will be going. Not a fan of EV, but I will have to see how it works out. At least the Solo is "in production", maybe slow, but making definite measurable progress.
Good luck, my friends. Keep your chins up. Someday Paul may get his act together, but not in my lifetime.
A good idea to make a simple $250 refundable Solo reservation to insure not losing your non-refundable Elio reservation. It is a generous EectraM marketing strategy to credit a matching reservation deposit you have on another new concept vehicle. IF the Solo CAN deliver it will be a FUNctional commuter while waiting to see IF the Elio CAN deliver or IF the SRK CAN deliver. It seems like the Solo is lapping both the Elio and the SRK in the race to production, but still no checkered flag. As a realist I need to see one or hopefully all cross the finish line to verify a winner. Go three wheels!

I will buy the winner pending a test drive, since I'm old and can't afford the time to wait on the others to finish the race.

Last edited:

MrWhsprs

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know from talking to several folks in the I've-got-a-50-mile-commute-and-my-beater-is-killing-me group that the Elio would be a lifesaver for them.

Agreed. I commute about 80 miles round trip and the Elio would not be an "and" vehicle as it would replace my current vehicle, a 2000 Saturn SL2. The SL2 has decent fuel economy (per Fuelly the 2016 YTD average is almost 37mpg) but it's becoming more and more of a beater. I'm hoping it won't need any expensive repairs prior to the Elio becoming available, but may have to get something else while we wait.

So the savings from the amazing fuel economy of the Elio is something we'll be glad for -- and I'll find it fun to see how high I can get it, and to track that on Fuelly -- I'm also really looking forward to a newer vehicle that 'should' be more comfortable for lengthy drives, more reliable, less expensive to maintain/repair. The Elio with it's more modern engineering and multiple airbags will probably be safer than the SL2 as well.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And good luck to you w/ the Electra M! How does it cost again? Auto Weekly said today that the Chevy Bolt started production this week! Really exciting times because tests showed that it can actually do 200+ miles per charge at 75mph. More than enough for most people's daily commute. The only downside is they are not even close to Tesla's charging infrastructure so that area they need to work out. I can't wait to test drive this baby....and they don't need a deposit so one can just buy it like any regular car...something for you to also consider...one that you can actually test drive....and BUY!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And good luck to you w/ the Electra M! How does it cost again? Auto Weekly said today that the Chevy Bolt started production this week! Really exciting times because tests showed that it can actually do 200+ miles per charge at 75mph. More than enough for most people's daily commute. The only downside is they are not even close to Tesla's charging infrastructure so that area they need to work out. I can't wait to test drive this baby....and they don't need a deposit so one can just buy it like any regular car...something for you to also consider...one that you can actually test drive....and BUY!
The Solo is $15K US. I happened to make a Tesla Model 3 refundable reservation deposit. I prefer the styling, the Tesla charging infrastructure (a Tesla super charging station 1/2 mile from my home), and not a GM fan.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Solo is $15K US. I happened to make a Tesla Model 3 refundable reservation deposit. I prefer the styling, the Tesla charging infrastructure (a Tesla super charging station 1/2 mile from my home), and not a GM fan.
Tesla is hands down a lot more stylish than the Chevy Bolt and the charging station's close proximity to you is a win win! Tesla will go on production next year if I'm not mistaken.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. I commute about 80 miles round trip and the Elio would not be an "and" vehicle as it would replace my current vehicle, a 2000 Saturn SL2. The SL2 has decent fuel economy (per Fuelly the 2016 YTD average is almost 37mpg) but it's becoming more and more of a beater. I'm hoping it won't need any expensive repairs prior to the Elio becoming available, but may have to get something else while we wait.

So the savings from the amazing fuel economy of the Elio is something we'll be glad for -- and I'll find it fun to see how high I can get it, and to track that on Fuelly -- I'm also really looking forward to a newer vehicle that 'should' be more comfortable for lengthy drives, more reliable, less expensive to maintain/repair. The Elio with it's more modern engineering and multiple airbags will probably be safer than the SL2 as well.
Don't forget the savings in insurance cost, maintenance, finance charges -- all of those really matter.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I cannot say anything in detail, so you scoffers out there can discount what I have to say. But yet another very senior, very committed Elio executive has told me they are completely confident of getting this done, with or without the ATVM loan ... but the ATVM will make it a whole lot faster. This was accompanied by an argument that I found persuasive. That's all, folks.
I could have gotten this kind of a tease at a topless bar. At least your posts are cheaper. Sometimes i really wish you could say more.

Top Bottom