• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Racing

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If this thing becomes a hit, what are the odds of having Elio races around US tracks. Seems like fun using only original assembly line Elios. Would you consider it safe crashing these on the track at 100 mph. There are no hummers to worry about.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would not consider crashing any car anywhere at 100 MPH "safe". And I race cars!

What are the odds of seeing Elio races? 100% If it has wheels and moves, men will race it. Even if it doesn't have wheels, men will add wheels and race it. See motorized bar stool races...

It could make for a good "one make" racing series. So long as we can disable to traction and stability controls.

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would not consider crashing any car anywhere at 100 MPH "safe". And I race cars!

What are the odds of seeing Elio races? 100% If it has wheels and moves, men will race it. Even if it doesn't have wheels, men will add wheels and race it. See motorized bar stool races...

It could make for a good "one make" racing series. So long as we can disable to traction and stability controls.
if 100mph isnt safe, how do drivers survive crashing at 180 to 200 mph. Have you ever driven that fast.

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OH, no no no no, nope. Not me and not my car/baby. I've seen some open wheel crashes and these things may be safety rated, but that doesn't mean you can roll it over in a turn a walk away without MAJOR damage. Nope, not me.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if 100mph isnt safe, how do drivers survive crashing at 180 to 200 mph. Have you ever driven that fast.
Many drivers have not survived 180-200 mph crashes e.g. Dale Earnhardt. Many drivers have not survived far slower crashes. No sanctioning body considers crashing at 100 MPH "safe", much less 180-200 mph. They do their best to make it survivable, hopefully injury-free. Only a foolish driver would consider any crash "safe".

I have never driven that fast. I race on road courses which tend to turn before one can get going that fast unless one have very, very expensive machinery. I can barely afford to go 130 mph. Fortunately all my on-track crashes have been at relatively low speeds. And I still hurt my arm in one of them.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If this thing becomes a hit, what are the odds of having Elio races around US tracks. Seems like fun using only original assembly line Elios. Would you consider it safe crashing these on the track at 100 mph. There are no hummers to worry about.

I'm sure it will happen! Like Gas P A said ^ if it has wheels it will be raced. I'd love to see Elio only drags!

Top Bottom