• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Safety Considerations

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
6-Top-Gun.jpg
LMFAO... Not at their pain but the fact that this scene got referenced in an Elio post!

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am still on a dash that can be read at a glance kick. With half this group in the over 50 category, Elio must make this vehicle for all. It will also mke for a 'cooler' dash for all you younguns as well.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for reminding me about one item I have heard nothing about - a horn. Is there one on the Elio?

A friend interrupted my lap swim today to ask me if you can back the Elio up. I said of course, it drives just like a car so why wouldn't you be able to back it up. Then he told me motorcycles can not back up. I did not know that and had wondered why the Elio description includes a statement similar to "and it also has reverse". I could not, for the life of me, see why that statement was there. LOL Learn something new everyday. And I was very polite and did not dunk my friend for interrupting my laps. LOL :) Z
Elio considers it a car as will most people. It's the government that considers it a motorcycle. Which is fine by me.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for reminding me about one item I have heard nothing about - a horn. Is there one on the Elio?

A friend interrupted my lap swim today to ask me if you can back the Elio up. I said of course, it drives just like a car so why wouldn't you be able to back it up. Then he told me motorcycles can not back up. I did not know that and had wondered why the Elio description includes a statement similar to "and it also has reverse". I could not, for the life of me, see why that statement was there. LOL Learn something new everyday. And I was very polite and did not dunk my friend for interrupting my laps. LOL :) Z

Yes, they used to tell us in MC safety class we had to assume we are invisible on a bike. An attention-getting horn is a big help . . .
05111609_4facbb2046247.jpg

Just don't get crazy and get the "Dukes of Hazzard" "Dixie" model. Otherwise you have to get the "Gen'l Lee" wrap too. ;)

That reverse gear is handy and is present on practically all trikes. The Fred Flinstone reversing technique is possible, but not recommended. I did once one-leg paddle my old Civic to a push start though. Kids, don't try this at home. :p

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just don't get crazy and get the "Dukes of Hazzard" "Dixie" model. Otherwise you have to get the "Gen'l Lee" wrap too. ;)

You know, Creamsicle isn't too far off the Duke color.

But no, I'm planning on getting the white one and wrapping it to look like a Star Trek warp nacelle. Because I'm just that kind of nerd. My current car is a white Volt with everything on the car stark black and what and a license plate of NASA-69.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, Creamsicle isn't too far off the Duke color.

But no, I'm planning on getting the white one and wrapping it to look like a Star Trek warp nacelle. Because I'm just that kind of nerd. My current car is a white Volt with everything on the car stark black and what and a license plate of NASA-69.
Didn't I see you last night on Big Bang Theory?

Top Bottom