• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Snow Video Now On Youtube

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My city requires HOA's to plow their own streets, but conveniently forgets that my neighborhood isn't actually a part of an HOA. So... my street hasn't been plowed once in the 2 winters I've lived here. When we get 6+ inches, I have to shovel a path the 500 feet to the main road.

I've watched that video, and if it's meant to put me at ease as to how it handles in the snow, well, did it seem a bit all over the place to anyone else? Or is that just how my existing car would look if I watched it from outside the car instead of inside?

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really wouldnt take it out in much snow. I can't believe the traction would be great, even though it is technically the same single drive wheel system as in most rear wheel drive vehicles. At least with a car, once the single tire spins, the other stabilizes it. It this case, I think tirespin would lead to some quick fishtailing. Then again, it might be fun on a frozen lake...
You've got your facts wrong son. The Elio is FRONT WHEEL DRIVE'

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
My city requires HOA's to plow their own streets, but conveniently forgets that my neighborhood isn't actually a part of an HOA. So... my street hasn't been plowed once in the 2 winters I've lived here. When we get 6+ inches, I have to shovel a path the 500 feet to the main road.

I've watched that video, and if it's meant to put me at ease as to how it handles in the snow, well, did it seem a bit all over the place to anyone else? Or is that just how my existing car would look if I watched it from outside the car instead of inside?

It is a marketing video demonstrating the Elio out on some winter roads and as a marketing video we cant expect it to be a real drive test. The truth is the Elio should handle winter roads about as well as other small front wheel drive cars.

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mass over drive wheels, only one non driven wheel to drag along, I think would make it better than a air cooled Beetle, or front wheel drive car. Mass over drive wheels and no water to freeze made the old VWs very good winter cars in Germany.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mass over drive wheels, only one non driven wheel to drag along, I think would make it better than a air cooled Beetle, or front wheel drive car. Mass over drive wheels and no water to freeze made the old VWs very good winter cars in Germany.

Volkswagen beetle $1,769 From Car Prices in the 60's
Same car toay? Easily $17,000 +. @ $6,800 starting price Elio will change the
Idividual Transpotation paradigm for sure............ :)

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They go great in the snow, nothing stops them, steering is another matter.. trust me I know a few things about beetles..

Top Bottom