• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Stores Delayed Till 2017

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that over the years I would give more credit to my father who was an AT&T supervisor and my mother who was a librarian.
Yes, there were some good teachers, but there were some really bad ones.
The fourth grade teacher who criticized me publicly by saying "If you can't spell it you shouldn't use it".
My high school drafting teacher who kept hitting on all the girls till I publicly threatened to throw him out of the second floor window during class.
My chemistry teacher who answered every question by saying "It's in the book".
My freshman English teacher who used to sit on the edge of her desk swing her legs until a shoe fell off so one of the guys in the class could put it back on.
The Superintendent of Schools who came into my third grade class and said "What's the matter with that kid? Can't he read?" (I had just transferred from a school where they tarted teaching cursive in 3rd grade to one where the started in 2nd grade.)
So maybe you could say I learned in spite of many of my teachers.
Now man up.
Define "program development" as you use the term.
Tell is what you personally accomplished that generated value.
Incidentally, the job I retired from after 35 years with the company was as a software development manager at Bell Labs with responsibility for the platform design and custom software implementation.
Allez plus loin !!

ScarecrowRepair

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
For all those whining about lack of steady forward progress, how the business plan sucks, how setbacks spell D O O O O M .... someone else mentioned Boeing's 787 having several setbacks, totaling a year or three, and Airbus's A380 having even worse setbacks. These are well established companies who have been making airliners longer than most of you have been alive, yet they had setbacks and survived.

Find something real to whine about. Elio's missteps aren't the missteps you are looking for.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For all those whining about lack of steady forward progress, how the business plan sucks, how setbacks spell D O O O O M .... someone else mentioned Boeing's 787 having several setbacks, totaling a year or three, and Airbus's A380 having even worse setbacks. These are well established companies who have been making airliners longer than most of you have been alive, yet they had setbacks and survived.

Find something real to whine about. Elio's missteps aren't the missteps you are looking for.

Probably me in regards to the 787. Delay after delay. Media smack-talking Boeing like it was run by a bunch of idiots (as the media loves to do). Once they got the 'bugs' worked out (battery overheating was a big one), and the airlines started taking delivery, there's been nothing but praise for it's unique construction (mainly CF), and fuel efficiency. The "Naysayers" slowly crept back to the dark corners from where they came...as I'm betting (betting 1k as a matter of fact) they do here.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah yes, the old straw-man tactic. Attack by asking a seemingly innocent question.
Maybe we should ask Johnapool, "have you ever started a business?"
What is your expertise in business start-ups?
Have you ever started a successful business, or are you talking about a theory you learned in school.
Keeping in mind that "Those who can, do, and those that can't, teach!"
Started many and helped many others. No tactics, just facts. Don't be so defensive, guys.
And, hey, I am still an Elio-addict, just feel a bit isolated, perhaps insulated from what is going on, as I am sure many others do.

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget the Apple car will only be able to drive on Apple-approved roads to Apple-approved destinations. Getting a destination approved will be an arbitrary and capricious process. And Apple will take 30% of the income from any destination that's a business. :rolleyes:
The Apple Car will have three trim levels: The Apple Core (Base model), the Apple Tree (midrange) and the Apple Pie (fully loaded). The Turnover will be their new electric hybrid.

Top Bottom