• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Sun Roof

RonnieB

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I do remember seeing an interview when Paul Elio stated that a sun roof would be an option but I do not see this on the sight. Does anyone else want this option? Has anyone got am update on this?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do remember seeing an interview when Paul Elio stated that a sun roof would be an option but I do not see this on the sight. Does anyone else want this option? Has anyone got am update on this?
was kicked around here. In reality- the moon or sun roof would be about the size of a piece of sheet of paper- 8x11.
I don't think it's gone beyond our discussions.
VIII:XXI, night all

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RU is correct. It would be very narrow though with the spaceframe, maybe it could be longer... maybe 8" X 20"... basically, big enough to wave through or stick a head cautiously through if you were so inclined...

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have no need for a sunroof that is 8" X 12".

But, I have thought of developing a screen accessory that attaches to the raised open trunk area and the vehicle. With the back seat down and the from seat forward I believe I could lay down and sleep with the trunk lid up. Thinking of some long traveling destinations I plan on making in my Elio.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The most you can hope for is a translucent roof panel that is fixed in place (non-opening).
There is simply not enough space to make it worthwhile or practical.
If you go to the search engine, and use a keyword of Sunroof; you'll see that this idea has been discussed many times before.

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a friend in high school that removed a couple of windows and their frames from the rear of a wrecked full size van. He then cut holes in his roof to fit them in. Pretty sure they could be removed completely (with removal of a few screws) but it was nice to just open the rear edge for ventilation.

Who's going to try it and tell me if it works?

Top Bottom