• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Survey - Tranmissions

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You really think the Elio will be that gutless? 0-60 in 10 seconds flat (Elio) is not horrible. My current Automatic 4 banger does almost exactly that and it has enough get-up-and-go to keep me out of danger in traffic. Of course, I've driven a V6 that was much nicer in the get-up-and-go department, but if the Elio achieves what PE says it will, I don't think it will be as sluggish and useless as the Metro.
I was simply comparing the Metro AT with the Metro 5-speed.
I can't remember the exact figure but I beat that 9.6 seconds to 60mph with the Metro 5-speed all the time.

As I said, with the 5-speed, they were fun, peppy little cars. With the AT? Fagettaboutit.

The Metro and the Elio have the same HP. HP is HP.
A significant difference is: Metro=1800lb. Elio=1300lb.
Another is bound to be the difference in torque at different rpms.

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
XL:XLI, Riots in the streets, new for me, but an annual thing May 1st here in Seattle!! I'm not sure what they were protesting - no May Pole??- Sounds like Halloween in Detroit, without the fires.
stay safe, Seattle is quiet now.
I just flew back to California from Seattle yesterday. Maybe they were protesting my departure. :p

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Heard from my kids (both in Seattle), that this is an annual event! Besides the May pole, the day "celebrates"
The workers movement (read communists), and the kids yesterday were self-described "anarchists".

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard from my kids (both in Seattle), that this is an annual event! Besides the May pole, the day "celebrates"
The workers movement (read communists), and the kids yesterday were self-described "anarchists".
Really? I lived up there for many years and never heard of that; must be something they just recently started.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back "then" they didn't have all the TV coverage, and everyone was at work.
These people who "protest" during the week, don't they have a job?
(I'm out of here)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really? I lived up there for many years and never heard of that; must be something they just recently started.
Seems to be an annual event- special police training/drilling for it- funny was they used their bicycles instead of shields, however two officers got hit with rocks. In the past it was in Capital Hill, very residential/commercial, this time down near the stadiums. Needed LOTS of police- they used pepper spray, which was "shot" at them while the officers were able to maintain distance.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BTW- the A C on my lease works- haven't had an opportunity since December- back in Florida using it was a daily event-
speaking of milage, what's the decrease approx. for running the a.c.?

Top Bottom