• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Survey - Tranmissions

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what the real difference in transmissions is on cost of parts and install. As an item on final assembly line I would not think the difference would be that much. I figured about 800.00 would be a fair difference
big reach out from Seattle, welcome- and thanks for your post, there are many folks here with knowledge of builds, costs, planning, design and folks like me who try and get it
we are all united in our quest for Elio.
there's a growing list of folks from Fla- check the Elio Motors calendar -they usually show up in Palm Beach a bit of a ride but worth it

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are many more components( Motors, Sensors and software) for an AMT.

I drove the 60/61 VW bug with the electric clutch on a demo ride. It is hard to believe it was 55 years ago. I didn't buy it then. I bought a manual.
I don't think I would like it any better now. I will have to drive the auto transmission that Elio is offering before I would shell out 1052$. I do want an automatic, perhaps a CVT or torque auto. Just give me an automatic for the automatic price.

Top Bottom