• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Through View & Parking Lot

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
My birthday is January 4 - any way at all they can get one made by then??? I really hope so but think it may actually be after first quarter. Whatever time, I will be ready!

Unfortunately your birthday may be a bit early for the production process but if all goes well by that time Elio Motors should actually have a bunch of vehicles running around for testing, development, and demonstration purposes. Some of the testing vehicles may have even been sacrificed to the crash test gods by then. :D

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea ; since the Elio doesn't have a rear window, but we have that space..
why not paint one in? it will take a skilled artist but it could be worth a
rearhatch-paint.jpg
few laughs..

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea ; since the Elio doesn't have a rear window, but we have that space..
why not paint one in? it will take a skilled artist but it could be worth aView attachment 1156 few laughs..

OK, I understand that the Elio does not NEED a rear window due to the mirrors eliminating the blind spot and because a passengers head would block the window. Having said that, why can't we have a window in the trunk lid, as an option, of course. Opening a little ways if possible. Less claustrophobic for the passenger, better ventilation, Tinted so thieves cannot see in. I would also like to have a MPG readout on the dash. I have had 3 diesel vehicles with that feature and it sure lets you know how your driving habits are affecting your mileage. I think the Elio people should offer a list of possible options they are considering for the D Elio (D for deluxe). Then let us vote on the ones we would be willing to pay extra for.

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Elio people should offer a list of possible options they are considering for the D Elio (D for deluxe). Then let us vote on the ones we would be willing to pay extra for.

Rest assured, the options list will be robust.

And you WILL get to vote... with your wallet!:cool:

As for your idea of the D (Deluxe), between Elio options and the aftermarket, I think you'll be happy.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They'll still be in training on Jan 4th (anticipated) so no. But I'm hoping that with my # being produced about a month after production begins I'll have an Elio for my birthday in May.
Mine is also in May,,,,,,,May 1st.....MAYDAY....MAYDAY
CRAZY DUDE IS A COMIN ON SOMEKIND OF SICKO ORANGE THINGY!

Too bad is ain't gonna happen til July 1st...but I'll still be a comin all cool, not so calm or collected.

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I understand that the Elio does not NEED a rear window due to the mirrors eliminating the blind spot and because a passengers head would block the window. Having said that, why can't we have a window in the trunk lid, as an option, of course. Opening a little ways if possible. Less claustrophobic for the passenger, better ventilation, Tinted so thieves cannot see in. I would also like to have a MPG readout on the dash. I have had 3 diesel vehicles with that feature and it sure lets you know how your driving habits are affecting your mileage. I think the Elio people should offer a list of possible options they are considering for the D Elio (D for deluxe). Then let us vote on the ones we would be willing to pay extra for.
most likely they will offer that as an option.. I intend (for now at least) to use a tablet as a virtual dashboard.. speed, odometers, acceleration graphs, gps, compass, all in one.. if it can be attached to the obd all the more! music player.. it can even work as a virtual HUD.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rest assured, the options list will be robust.

And you WILL get to vote... with your wallet!:cool:

As for your idea of the D (Deluxe), between Elio options and the aftermarket, I think you'll be happy.

I hope they just keep things simple until production is underway. If EM is anything like the big automakers, (and I really hope they're NOT) they will LET the aftermarket "find" the popular trends, then jump in and take over. my 2 cents, on credit

Top Bottom