• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio- Toyota I-road Joint Venture

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be perfect in my small city. It's an enclosed scooter (nothing more nothing less) with the exception of protection from the elements and a potential 5 star safety rating. The electric in hub motors provide for a responsive and quick 0-40 mph. The final production model may be faster. Like the Elio the i-Road is an & vehicle not for everybody. The fun factor looks to be two thumbs up.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This would be a win win situation. Elio could build the i-road for Toyota in exchange for access to the i-road suspension system and help with the motor. This would reduce Elio's start up costs and would increase sales . The two vehicle won't compete with each other. the i-road is for cities and the Elio's is for hi-ways

Toyota would NEVER support Elio.

The Elio model eliminates the dealer. Toyota will never do that.

End of story

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Allthough I am only eager to test drive an i-Road, respected car and driver jounalists say it's like fying a plane, driving a boat, and riding a cycle all at the same time. Pricing estimates in the $8-10 K range for an EV urban autoscooter seems reasonable. Arnold S. even has a smile on his face and is a nice fit for a big guy.
View attachment 5381
Interesting! I'm thinking of chopping an old scooter I have with a QMB 139 engine I have and welding it onto the rear of a gokart. I'm curious as hell how the mechanics of the reverse trike works in general i-Road, Elio, Spyder, etc.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a factory store (like Tesla, Apple Store or a farmers market), selling direct to the customer, not an independent "dealership" in the way you might be thinking.

Though they might not be quite the same as car dealerships as we know them, they're still going to be dealerships...

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Though they might not be quite the same as car dealerships as we know them, they're still going to be dealerships...
I'd have to disagree a little, since "dealership" suggests it's not manufacturer owned, sells at retail and that warranty service is performed there. All of Elio Motors stores are to be manufacturer owned, will basically sell wholesale, and they wont provide any warranty service, I personally think Elio Motors is more the "Kiosk" model than even Apple.

Top Bottom