• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Truck Conversion

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife reminded me that some of her relatives cannot buy a FUV because they live in Blacksville, WV. It's one of those towns that lies right on the state line. Yet, FUV sales are available 1000 ft from them.

Let's look at Vanderhall of Purcellsville VA. If you lived in Shannondale, WV (16 miles away) you would not be allowed to buy a Vanderhall if they used the FUV business model of state borders. In my mind, it seems silly to not use dealers that people can go to.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please compare apples to apples. You take Vanderhalls pins as to their exact location yet use Arcimoto for the full state. For example, if I lived in Summit Point VW, I am banned from buying one. Go a few miles east, then it's legal. Why would this be?
Arcimoto’s direct to consumer sales model delivers FUVs to and services the FUV at their customers homes Area wide. Vanderhall customers have to drive to dealership pinpoint locations for sales and service……and in many cases that could be 100’s of miles. Banned? Legal? Perhaps a State issue? Simply cross the border wall, buy one, and drive it home. When I lived in Idaho (outside Arcimoto’s official blue line sales/service area) I was able to order a FUV. I currently live in South Dakota and confident that I could and would order one today if it met my needs: Full enclosure and within the mobile tech service area.

I wonder if the EVElio and BEX will follow the Dealership or Direct to Consumer sales model?

Last edited:
Top Bottom