• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Truck Conversion

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remain hopeful for a fully enclosed FUV and successful Deliverator fleet sales testing, although I make a better Neapolitan wood fired pizza at home and don’t require pizza delivery. Note: Compete with GM? :)

View attachment 26296
Those pics are coming up on two years old. Any update from the company on how that testing went and if they are going to buy any? This is huge news to see that Dominos has been testing the Deliverator for almost two years yet the updates from the company say nothing about it.

Just so you know, I got a pic from the Elio EV corporate website showing Pizza Hut testing the Elio-E. So, it confuses me that Dominos has yet to introduce the Deliverator from Arcimoto and Pizza Hut with Elio.

I hope that these pics are not just a wrap to try to get interest in the product as opposed to real interest. As I know, companies like to do that and thus try to get investors to assume they are working for these big corporate giants, yet they were not. As we have seen, Dominos corporate went with the Bolt and a Pizza Hut franchise is only testing the SOLO.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Compete with GM?
Yes. GM can build a fully certified car that meets automotive safety specs (FUV meets only motorcycle which is a liability for corporate as nobody knows the safety of a FUV since it's not been certified to the Bolt's or any automotive specs) and has an overall specifications package that costs only $600 more. In addition to that, there are federal corporate benefits to go doing an EV as opposed to an autocycle. Maybe Arcimoto needs to hire Paul Elio as CEO because he did one thing right, pave the way for Arcimoto and SOLO when it came to the helmet and licensing law. Maybe pay him $1M/yr to change it to where Arcimoto and SOLO can get the same benefits or even better as they have only three wheels.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes. GM can build a fully certified car that meets automotive safety specs (FUV meets only motorcycle which is a liability for corporate as nobody knows the safety of a FUV since it's not been certified to the Bolt's or any automotive specs) and has an overall specifications package that costs only $600 more. In addition to that, there are federal corporate benefits to go doing an EV as opposed to an autocycle. Maybe Arcimoto needs to hire Paul Elio as CEO because he did one thing right, pave the way for Arcimoto and SOLO when it came to the helmet and licensing law. Maybe pay him $1M/yr to change it to where Arcimoto and SOLO can get the same benefits or even better as they have only three wheels.
If Arcimoto and ElectraMeccanica fail after successfully crossing the production finish line while delivering three wheeler vehicles to happy customers, perhaps BEX will be successful. We all know motorcycles have different safety requirements and certification standards than autos. Some last mile delivery services use bicycles. The FUV and Solo appear to be testing their Deliverator and Solo Cargo Model market options. Apparently that takes time and money. I wish both new startups success, along with GM and other auto manufacturers entering the EV market.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Arcimoto and ElectraMeccanica fail after successfully crossing the production finish line while delivering three wheeler vehicles to happy customers, perhaps BEX will be successful. We all know motorcycles have different safety requirements and certification standards than autos. Some last mile delivery services use bicycles. The FUV and Solo appear to be testing their Deliverator and Solo Cargo Model market options. Apparently that takes time and money. I wish both new startups success, along with GM and other auto manufacturers entering the EV market.
You forgot Vanderhall. They made an autocycle in half the time of Arcimoto. Then set up a dealer and service network nationwide. After that, sell in Australia. Top it off, they never asked for reservation or stock money to try to judge the market. It was privately funded. They built a 1,000,000 sf plant to boot. Now they have taken that successful business based around autocycles and now are taking reservations (which I do not agree with) to make their EV fun toy.

I support autocycles and like that companies like Vanderhall made it work and do it the right way. I fully support autocycles but I know that it is a limited market and wish others would just use what the actual market will bear as opposed to the virtual market will.

BEX is still a book that we are still reading. So we need to wait until the end to see where it's going. Arcimoto needs to stop fumbling the ball on every third play. They can make it work but need to realize that it takes time and not going for the "Hail Mary" over and over. To finish it off, the EV market is improving and changing. Price is coming down thus things like a $25K Deliverator seemed like a good idea 2 years ago but others are catching up. Case in point, the Dominos/Chevy deal. That PR will go quite well in the future.

What we see here is a market that is changing like the computer industry did back in the 90's. Today's great idea was outdated in 2 years. Arcimoto is a 15 year old company. They are winning a few battles but losing the war. The new management can turn it around and I have all the hope in the world that they do.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like it, but no dealership sales or service provider in my neck of the woods and doesn’t meet my needs. Perhaps Vanderhall should consider a ‘Vanderhauller’ cargo/delivery model. Vanderhall provides zero data on how many vehicles they build annually. I’m curious, please let me know.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like it, but no dealership sales or service provider in my neck of the woods and doesn’t meet my needs.
Does Arcimoto offer this?

Perhaps Vanderhall should consider a ‘Vanderhauller’ cargo/delivery model.
They offer a dealer network. Thus you have to go to a dealer to get one.

Vanderhall provides zero data on how many vehicles they build annually.
They are a private company and do not rely on public funding. So they do not offer any of us with their financials. As for Arcimoto, they do and are required to provide the data. Once Vanderhall goes public, then we can look at what is going on.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does Arcimoto offer this?

They offer a dealer network. Thus you have to go to a dealer to get one.

They are a private company and do not rely on public funding. So they do not offer any of us with their financials. As for Arcimoto, they do and are required to provide the data. Once Vanderhall goes public, then we can look at what is going on.
You continually state that Vanderhall is doing all things right in comparison to Arcimoto and/or ElectraMeccanica. Now you say there is no available data, so how do you know? Arcomoto has a regional sales and servicing network and multiple Rental partner locations. Vanderhall has a dealer network, but not in my area. I can order an FUV from Arcimoto and have it shipped to my front door or travel to the nearest Vanderhall dealer, but neither three wheeler meets my needs or has a local servicing option. Seems like they all share a similar new startup business model. Arcimoto could be assembling and delivering more units than Vanderhall.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You continually state that Vanderhall is doing all things right in comparison to Arcimoto and/or ElectraMeccanica. Now you say there is no available data, so how do you know? Arcomoto has a regional sales and servicing network and multiple Rental partner locations. Vanderhall has a dealer network, but not in my area. I can order an FUV from Arcimoto and have it shipped to my front door or travel to the nearest Vanderhall dealer, but neither three wheeler meets my needs or has a local servicing option. Seems like they all share a similar new startup business model. Arcimoto could be assembling and delivering more units than Vanderhall.
Vanderhall is not perfect and has made mistakes.
1. Their failed Edison Version
2. Trying to sell only direct to consumers (until they went to a dealer network)
3. Not going with a full sealed roof and doors

What they did right:
1. Private funding (not asking for public funding)
2. Building a 1M sqft plant that can be expanded depending on the amount of sales (secret code for demand)
3. Taking 6 years for a fully certified vehicle being sold to the public (half the time of Arcimoto)
4. Using off the shelf parts (i.e. the complete driveline)
5. Selling to all 50 states
6. Having a service and warranty network
7. Selling outside the US
8. Building the next product (Brawley)

So, I consider this company to be doing it right. As for their financials and sales, they are private, thus not required to tell us. Same for the mom and pop grocery store or pizza joint in town. If Vanderhall goes public, then they will have to do what Elio, Solo and Arcimoto are required to do. Until then, we should celebrate the overall success of a business that none of us had to put money into to get them going. In addition to that, they have crossed the finish line where companies like Arcimoto is not even close to.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto 2008 - Vanderhall 2010, Arcimoto may be expanding regional sales and service at a faster pace, having started production in late 2019, than Vanderhall, could be selling more vehicles, and better off financially than Vanderhall. Again, I hope they are both successful with their chosen market and using their chosen business model. Time will tell. Less info out there on Vanderhall than Arcimoto so who knows? End of my debate.

1673546355303.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto 2008 - Vanderhall 2010, Arcimoto may be expanding regional sales and service at a faster pace, having started production in late 2019, than Vanderhall, could be selling more vehicles, and better off financially than Vanderhall. Again, I hope they are both successful with their chosen market and using their chosen business model. Time will tell. Less info out there on Vanderhall than Arcimoto so who knows? End of my debate.

View attachment 26309
Please compare apples to apples. You take Vanderhalls pins as to their exact location yet use Arcimoto for the full state. For example, if I lived in Summit Point VW, I am banned from buying one. Go a few miles east, then it's legal. Why would this be?

Top Bottom