• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tv Commercial - 60 Second Tv Spots (link)

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I look forward to the OTC stock trading... while not required, they could start filing with the SEC which would give us more insight into how the startup funds are being spent...

While they make it no secret that investing in them "involves significant risks" ...and is... "suitable only for persons who can afford to lose their entire investment" ...I am "all in" and will continue to support their cause... if they were registered as a non-profit I would donate money to them... I'd prefer to get the tax write-off that way rather than as taking a loss on their stock...

...perhaps they could start an Elio Motors Foundation where donations could go towards providing reliable, cost effective, transportation to worthy causes in support of like-minded initiatives...
I'm telling you, Mark Zuckerberg's for-profit foundation should invest in Elio Motors. Think about it -- both Google and Apple are supposedly investing heavily in their own branded vehicles, likely emphasizing next-gen autonomous driving tech. In keeping with his foundation's charter, he should invest in Elio with the long-term goal of transforming transportation to simpler, more affordable, and more emissions-friendly modes, especially in the third world countries that the foundation seems to be targeting and which in turn favor motorcycles and scooters as major transportation modes. And this will give him an inroad into the motor vehicle market with a more accessible approach than Google and Apple seem to be taking.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm telling you, Mark Zuckerberg's for-profit foundation should invest in Elio Motors. Think about it -- both Google and Apple are supposedly investing heavily in their own branded vehicles, likely emphasizing next-gen autonomous driving tech. In keeping with his foundation's charter, he should invest in Elio with the long-term goal of transforming transportation to simpler, more affordable, and more emissions-friendly modes, especially in the third world countries that the foundation seems to be targeting and which in turn favor motorcycles and scooters as major transportation modes. And this will give him an inroad into the motor vehicle market with a more accessible approach than Google and Apple seem to be taking.
The Zuckerberg's are more likely to invest in EV's.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perpetual fundraiser organization or car company with an actual tried and tested product to sell?

Actions speak louder than words (no matter if those words be in blogs or if they be on TV).

The current verbage is, "...has enabled Elio Motors to begin development of the E-Series."

And not: "...has enabled Elio Motors to begin building the E-Series."

Because I've paid close attention to EM's verbage in the past, I think it's a significant difference.

Tomorrow is Feb 1st. EM should be able to gain access to the A+ funding very soon.

Like John, I've got my virtual armchair (and my virtual popcorn) all lined up and ready for the show.

Last edited:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How many watched the Rolex 24 hr? Did you see the Audi ad? It had this poem in it.
It Couldn’t Be Done
Somebody said that it couldn’t be done,
But, he with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn’t," but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it.

Somebody scoffed: "Oh, you’ll never do that;
At least no one has done it";
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat,
And the first thing we knew he’d begun it.
With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,

There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure;
There are thousands to point out to you one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle it in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start to sing as you tackle the thing
That "couldn’t be done," and you’ll do it.

As with all Guest's work poems were published in Newspapers before being collected in bound volumes.
1919 was the date of publication of this poem in "The Path To Home" but it is known to have been in print at least as early as 1917.

© by owner. provided at no charge for educational purposes

Great ad, it just had the wrong car in it. I wonder if Audi would mind if someone edited it just a little swapping the Audi stuff for the Elio stuff?
Then it would be perfect :D

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...d94-yLsoRB-AgrO9VZ9Ukg&bvm=bv.113034660,d.eWE

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although my opinion is that EM should spend 100% of their limited $13 Million of Startengine funding on PRODUCTION and stop spending money on MARKETING..............after watching the commercial I think it was professionally done, but produced only to sell reservation interest in Paul Elio's Dream with no guaranteed production.
I do have to wonder why they are doing this right now. And I still think it's not about the reservations count. I do agree with the press release about building public awareness, as that is exactly the words Jerome stated to me a few weeks ago. But why awareness? It's about getting public weight behind the government programs, the laws in the works and the ATVM loan?
Anyway, this is WAY out of my corner of the world into the public policy world, I'll be very interested how this plays out.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
How many watched the Rolex 24 hr? Did you see the Audi ad? It had this poem in it.
It Couldn’t Be Done

As with all Guest's work poems were published in Newspapers before being collected in bound volumes.
1919 was the date of publication of this poem in "The Path To Home" but it is known to have been in print at least as early as 1917.

Great ad, it just had the wrong car in it. I wonder if Audi would mind if someone edited it just a little swapping the Audi stuff for the Elio stuff?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj5qeL1mNXKAhXH9h4KHf1cC6sQtwIIHDAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZjykPITuq0&usg=AFQjCNFc0QrBtzYmGokOi85yEU0jpWGnqQ&sig2=d94-yLsoRB-AgrO9VZ9Ukg&bvm=bv.113034660,d.eWE
EM would just have to get the same permissions Audi had to get; but Audi might raise a stink because they used it first even though at the end it says "no charge" that statement applies for educational purposes. Audi might claim they were trying to educate the public about their cars.
Marketing is a tough arena to play in.

Yes, I did watch the 24hrs at Daytona; really surprising about Chip G's new GT Fords; even more surprising was Honda getting the overall win.
I was surprised at how many position races they were still having at the end in all the different classes.
Too bad about the Delta-Wing; each year they start out great, and something always happens to them; this year it was a crash.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do have to wonder why they are doing this right now. And I still think it's not about the reservations count. I do agree with the press release about building public awareness, as that is exactly the words Jerome stated to me a few weeks ago. But why awareness? It's about getting public weight behind the government programs, the laws in the works and the ATVM loan?
Anyway, this is WAY out of my corner of the world into the public policy world, I'll be very interested how this plays out.
Awareness is familiarity. It has often been said by marketers and advertisers, that people buy products they are familiar with. I suspect this is to make people familiar (aware) with the Elio so when it becomes available later, people are more likely to buy one.

Paul Elio is smart and is doing long range preparations for future sales.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It Couldn’t Be Done

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...d94-yLsoRB-AgrO9VZ9Ukg&bvm=bv.113034660,d.eWE
A shorter corollary to this is...
Success has a thousand fathers; failure is an orphan.
When the first Elio rolls off the line, we'll all be fathers. If, God forbid, that doesn't happen, we'll each have our 'I told them...' :-)

Top Bottom