• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Vs Spark Ev

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rocket science isn't needed to know that the Elio will not ride, drive or be as comfortable as a 30 to 50K auto.
And you can watch someone drive the Elio down a smooth highway and watch it bounce and also video from inside with a man driving saying it is bumpy.
It's an Economy car and a big boys toy, nothing more.
That is not the Elio. That is a hand built Elio prototype put together with parts borrowed from other vehicles, many of them more than 20 years old. I'm not expecting a Cadillac ride, thank goodness because I never liked that car. However, I am very sure it will be much better than you are predicting. I also can't help but wonder why you are interested in buying an Elio since you rarely have anything good to say about it. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For some the sensation of sitting in the center of gravity out-weights the suspension feel. On a MC you are above the CG. In the Elio your own CG is just about equal with the Elio's. It gives it a sense of oneness.
Oh, my. I like the sound of being as one with my Elio. mmhh Oh yeh. I like that a lot. :-) Z

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EV is off my menu due to complexity, initial cost, cost of ownership, and the fact I refuse to run out of fuel! Until the infastructure is in place to supply "instant" charging like filling up with gas it's not ready for prime time in my mind. Cost of ownership has been discussed and when depriciation is included the equation tips even more in favor of Elio concepts with ICE. Even if the spark depriciation is the same as Elio (which it isn't due to batery cost) ,call it 50% you loose 3500$ on an Elio vs 12000$ on a spark. More "useless junk" on the spark which will malfunction before the primary drive systems requiring specilized knowledge to repair. Not to mention the failure mode of EVs is "it quit" vs "making funny noises" . The last just speculation as I have never owned one, but I work in a hi-tech environment and have to work on that kind of "stuff". I drive 50 miles a day for work and could theorectically drive a spark , I vote Elio for all the economic reasons and I think many more will once it hits the roads. That will make it have a much more possitive impact on the environment than all the EVs and Hybrids combined. Folks can afford to be green for a change. EVs are like alcohal gas , just smoke an mirrors to make it seem like "they" are doing something. Alcohol gas at 10% alacol content costs me 10% less at the pump but yield 10% less MPG. End result is I use exactlally the same amount of gas but additionally 10% whisky for no result.A wash for me but when you consider all the fuel used to grow and process the alcahol it is far from it in the big picture. Makes my conbread cost more to make too :)

Top Bottom