• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Wiping Out Tesla!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Misleading news story. Makes it sound like a giveaway program which is simply not true. Tesla has received low interest government ATVM loan incentives (which they repaid some 10 years early) and no doubt have received State government economic incentives for setting up business and providing jobs. Exactly what we hope for EM to accomplish as a successful startup company.

As a resultof Tesla's success, battery technology is advancing and EVs are becoming more affordable and play a major roll in alternative vehicle energy options. Good for all even the anti EV folks by saving more USA oil/gas reserves for our high mileage Elios.

Tesla owners may be Elio customers and use the Elio as the and vehicle it's marketed to be.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla is starting a new segment in cars and your going yo break a few eggs to make that cake. Car companies have lost money on producing some cars. I guarantee the Volt is one of them. I know the Bugatti Veyron cost VW 2.5 million in loss per vehicle.

Elon Musk isn't a dummy who fell out of a tree. What he is doing is difficult a whole new car company in such little time. Once the battery factory is up and running and the cost of kwh drops the model 3 is out then it's game on.

If i won the lotto first car i would buy would be a Model S

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Misleading news story. Makes it sound like a giveaway program which is simply not true. Tesla has received low interest government ATVM loan incentives (which they repaid some 10 years early) and no doubt have received State government economic incentives for setting up business and providing jobs. Exactly what we hope for EM to accomplish as a successful startup company.

As a resultof Tesla's success, battery technology is advancing and EVs are becoming more affordable and play a major roll in alternative vehicle energy options. Good for all even the anti EV folks by saving more USA oil/gas reserves for our high mileage Elios.

Tesla owners may be Elio customers and use the Elio as the and vehicle it's marketed to be.

I'm not necessarily anti EV, but I did do some homework as the result of someone else's post.
Here is the results
--------------
Remember, electricity comes from someplace and there is power loss along the transmission lines. So the next time someone tells you about clean electric energy for cars, remember that about 86% of that electricity comes from non renewable sources and that there is probably 6 to 8% transmission loss between production and use, and at least 5% power loss converting from AC to DC to charge your cars batteries. And all of that is before you consider the energy it takes to build the car to start with.
--------------------------------
Sources of Electricity
67% Fossil Fuels
19.5% nuclear
6.8% Hydro
4% Wind
.4% Geothermal
.2% Solar
?? Tidal
------------------------
97.9% Total
---------------------------

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily anti EV, but I did do some homework as the result of someone else's post.
Here is the results
--------------
Remember, electricity comes from someplace and there is power loss along the transmission lines. So the next time someone tells you about clean electric energy for cars, remember that about 86% of that electricity comes from non renewable sources and that there is probably 6 to 8% transmission loss between production and use, and at least 5% power loss converting from AC to DC to charge your cars batteries. And all of that is before you consider the energy it takes to build the car to start with.
Sources of Electricity
67% Fossil Fuels
19.5% nuclear
6.8% Hydro
4% Wind
.4% Geothermal
.2% Solar
?? Tidal
------------------------
97.9% Total
That makes sense. If I can't get rid of the pollution altogether, I at least want to move it away from where I live. I'd rather everyone in town drive electrics to and from work... it's a stepping stone to get rid of burning stuff to make power. Eventually, maybe it'll make sense for all power to be renewable but for now, I'll settle for moving the pollution somewhere else and hope that eventually, we can make the move to renewables. It wont' happen overnight, obviously. It's WAY too easy to use gas, oil, coal...

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That makes sense. If I can't get rid of the pollution altogether, I at least want to move it away from where I live. I'd rather everyone in town drive electrics to and from work... it's a stepping stone to get rid of burning stuff to make power. Eventually, maybe it'll make sense for all power to be renewable but for now, I'll settle for moving the pollution somewhere else and hope that eventually, we can make the move to renewables. It wont' happen overnight, obviously. It's WAY too easy to use gas, oil, coal...

So you're one of those NIMBY folks?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is the results
--------------
Sources of Electricity
67% Fossil Fuels
19.5% nuclear
6.8% Hydro
4% Wind
.4% Geothermal
.2% Solar
?? Tidal
------------------------
97.9% Total
Source?

It really doesn't matter because EV's are simply so much more efficient regardless of the energy source, renewable or non-renewable. We are moving in the right direction by providing funding for the development of renewable sources and ATVM's. The key is being able to get away from the dependency on foreign oil.

It seems the same crowd that is anti-EV also objects to the funding and development of alternative energy and ATVM's.

Top Bottom