• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Em Selling Stock Again (?)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm really not sure the NYSE MKT is an upgrade over the CQX. Both are for starting capital which doesn't meet the requirements for the major boards like the NYSE. Don't confuse NYSE with NYSE MKT.
I'm not confusing them. It's a matter of brand recognition. NYSE (with or without MKT) carries an aura that CQX does not. Prestige is perception, even if the underlying reality is thin. The perception is, NYSE is an upgrade.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not confusing them. It's a matter of brand recognition. NYSE (with or without MKT) carries an aura that CQX does not. Prestige is perception, even if the underlying reality is thin. The perception is, NYSE is an upgrade.
I know MKT would LIKE to have the rep of the NYSE, but I'm not sure the perception is there. But perhaps financial folks are as gullible as the public they pitch snake oil to.

Reactions: Ekh

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK Marshall. Since I know squat about 'the markets' anyways, I will be sure not to confuse the two. What if this goes though? What will it mean to me? Will I have a chance to buy into the game before it hits 'that market'? Will my eliootcqx shares be transferred to the "new market'?
Many stocks are listed on more than one exchange. I don't know if there are any rules regarding this on the smaller exchanges though.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Listing an equity on an exchange is not tied to the release of more shares. While that could happen simultaneously, (since the board has already authorized the sale), it is unlikely to pan out that way. The smartest move is to time the dilution coincident with a major positive announcement. Translate excitement into liquidity.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just received an email from StartEngine. I can't copy it here, but this is what it said:

Attention Elio fans,

We are not done with this vehicle yet. Mark your calendars. 9/27.

Anyone else get this? Appears Elio will be selling stock again. My question is do I sell now at $19.??, and buy back in later? Presumably the stock price will fall when more is issued. And selling now and buying more later through StartEngine would put more money in Elio's coffers.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just received an email from StartEngine. I can't copy it here, but this is what it said:

Attention Elio fans,

We are not done with this vehicle yet. Mark your calendars. 9/27.

Anyone else get this? Appears Elio will be selling stock again. My question is do I sell now at $19.??, and buy back in later? Presumably the stock price will fall when more is issued. And selling now and buying more later through StartEngine would put more money in Elio's coffers.
Tex,
If the big surprise of 9/27 was an IPO style release on the big exchange, I think someone would have to go to jail for sending out that email.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do feel your very right about something is going to happen and soon too. But, I don't know about markets, so I've been paying attention. There is something about the 'market value' not changing for 6 days last month and settled 520,000,000 and change since mid March. The stock on the OTC market is settled at $19 and change. It is like we're waiting on the next foot to fall / the next rabbit out of the hat / the next hail mary.
$19 to $20 is great considering we bought at $12, and for such a small, debt ridden company to be that stable is terrific. Now it's time to move to a better known market. I think a new issue is likely, and unfortunately it will dilute our shares.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suppose my contempt for all things NY biases me in the other direction. It has negative prestige for me.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I got that same announcement in an email from Elio Motors.
This one? This one came from StartEngine

d0bfc50f-49a1-4661-ab3f-162540f5b5c4.png

Mark Your Calendar.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Readers should not consider statements in this email as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://startenginebetadev.s3.amazonaws.com/production/pdfs/Disclaimer.pdf

Copyright © 2016 StartEngine Crowdfunding Inc., All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you are a member of the StartEngine community.
Our mailing address is:

StartEngine Crowdfunding Inc.

604 Arizona Ave

Santa Monica, CA 90401

Add us to your address book

open.php?u=cdc7612ce501fe80339954df6&id=a3675fe427&e=8043e1b2a7.gif

Attachments

• d0bfc50f-49a1-4661-ab3f-162540f5b5c4.png
    d0bfc50f-49a1-4661-ab3f-162540f5b5c4.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 169
Top Bottom