• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Em Selling Stock Again (?)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Being that it doesn't say Elio anywhere, and the only reason I received it was because: You are receiving this email because you are a member of the StartEngine community.

Does make it questionable that it's about EM; but it sure seems like it.

And EKH you better adjust your Speech to Text; your posts look like you're hammered.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This one? This one came from StartEngine

d0bfc50f-49a1-4661-ab3f-162540f5b5c4.png

Mark Your Calendar.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Readers should not consider statements in this email as formal recommendations and should consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions. To read our full disclosure, please go to: http://startenginebetadev.s3.amazonaws.com/production/pdfs/Disclaimer.pdf

Copyright © 2016 StartEngine Crowdfunding Inc., All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you are a member of the StartEngine community.
Our mailing address is:

StartEngine Crowdfunding Inc.

604 Arizona Ave

Santa Monica, CA 90401

Add us to your address book

open.php?u=cdc7612ce501fe80339954df6&id=a3675fe427&e=8043e1b2a7.gif
Yes, you're right. It was from StartEngine and started with "Elio Fans,..."

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being that it doesn't say Elio anywhere, and the only reason I received it was because: You are receiving this email because you are a member of the StartEngine community.

And EKH you better adjust your Speech to Text; your posts look like you're hammered.

th?id=OIP.Ma63d3be1fea5e8dd5dbaf26686e43015o0&pid=15.1.jpg

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Essential tremor buggers my typing and voice to text gets it waaay wrong much too often. Not hammered.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I received this email too, and while no content makes mention to Elio Motors, the Subject Line does start with "Elio Fans, ...".

Also noteworthy is the time stamp, with mine being received at exactly 8:00pm EST, after regular business hours for even folks on the West Coast.

I do wonder the same things that have been speculated regarding the question about selling, the risk of share dilution should more shares be made available on either the OTCQX or NYSE, and the legality of dropping a time bomb like this leading into the weekend should it actually involve legitimate IPO details that could materially impact present shareholders.

Even if we all submitted orders now to sell our shares, I'm positive they wouldn't be processed until close of trading on Monday. So we might as well watch the trading news and activity closely on Monday to see what develops.

I did see an uptick in ELIO trading activity yesterday, but that would have been prior to StartEngine's email stirring the pot.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tex,
If the big surprise of 9/27 was an IPO style release on the big exchange, I think someone would have to go to jail for sending out that email.
Why? If it's a public announcement it wouldn't be considered insider trading. I am ignorant to how it all works, but if they are going to issue more stock they have to announce it somewhere. Otherwise nobody would know they were selling. :noidea:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because emailing a select small group of individuals may very well not be considered a "public announcement". Then there's the intended purpose of the messages. They're extremely vague and it could be interpreted that they meant to cause speculation and consequent manipulation of the stock prior to 'whatever" ominous un-foretold event that is going to happen on the 27th.

Last edited:

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because emailing a select small group of individuals may very well not be considered a "public announcement". Then there's the intended purpose of the messages. They're extremely vague and it could be interpreted that they meant to cause speculation and consequent manipulation of the stock prior to 'whatever" ominous un-foretold event that is going to happen on the 27th.
Thank you! That explains a lot that I didn't know.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why? If it's a public announcement it wouldn't be considered insider trading. I am ignorant to how it all works, but if they are going to issue more stock they have to announce it somewhere. Otherwise nobody would know they were selling. :noidea:
I wish they were selling the Elio.......an actual product.

Top Bottom