• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Epa's Plan To Boost Ethanol Use In Gasoline Gets Hearing

charles clayton

Elio Fan
Reaction score
EPA's Plan to Boost Ethanol Use in Gasoline Gets Hearing Ethanol acts as an efficient solvent, gradually cleaning out the accumulated gunk in fuel
It helps to know the terminology of fuels being sold. Ethanol is grain alcohol, produced mostly from corn in the U.S. It is used as an "oxygenate," an additive blended with gasoline to reduce exhaust emissions by introducing additional oxygen molecules to the combustion process. Two ethanol blends are currently available in many parts of the United States and Canada:
  • E10 � A blend of 10% ethanol and 90% unleaded gasoline. This is the most common ethanol fuel available.
  • E85 � A blend of 85% ethanol and 15% unleaded gasoline

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to mention the numerous outboard motors and tractors/mowers Ethanol has ruined. Ethanol is like poison to small engines.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do some research on algea for bio-fuel. 10,000 times what they can produce per acre in corn, AND it can be produced on non-tillable land using sea water....They just don't have lobbyists.
I like the theory, but there are usually unintended consequences which need to be fleshed out through study.

What is the impact of converting non-tillable land to algea production? Are other parts of the biosphere affected adversely? Much of the land which cannot be used to grow cash crops is used as a natural nursery for many species.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ethanol is one of the reasons I use Star Brite Star-Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment.
Contrary to what the lobbyists want you to believe, oxidation is what you DON'T want.
One of the things Star-Tron does is reduce and prevent oxidation.
The following video addresses this and is extremely informative.

I've been able to start bikes that wouldn't start...
And hadn't been started for a long time...
By adding a tiny bit of Star-Tron to the tank...
Shaking the tank and waiting 10 minutes.

Boom. On the 1st or 2nd crank.

And... Since the treated fuel has no free radicals in it...
And the enzymes disburse and bind the water molecules...
Your tank doesn't rust.

For everything from cars to weed-whackers.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Minimum 95% Naphtha. Less than 0.5% "proprietary organic compounds". = Snake Oil IMHO.

MSDS reveals the facts: http://rutherfordcountytn.gov/rm/documents/StarTronGasolineAdditive_000.pdf

Just buy Naphtha at your local Big Box hardware store for 1/100th the price.

Any time I hear "Free Radicals" in marketing, I know they are con artists.
I appreciate the information. Can't argue with the MSDS.

Before I started using this product some years ago...
It was not unusual for me to experience gas going bad, rust in the tanks and gummed carbs.
I've had none of those problems since. I've started and run motors on gas that was last treated two years prior.
Everyone's inclined to use what they believe works. My results are proof enough for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom