• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ev – Hybrid – Elio?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I though Fisker auto went belly up in 2014 and became Karma. Good to see they are still around though how many times have we heard about delay after delay after delay. I wish them luck.
In addition to that, I wonder if Tesla will survive when companies start making these EV's that will be better. Then it also shows that you just got to keep trying and never give up, like Elio.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I though Fisker auto went belly up in 2014 and became Karma. Good to see they are still around though how many times have we heard about delay after delay after delay.

The Fisker Karma was one of biggest automotive debacles in recent memory.

The Fisker Karma was poorly designed and engineered. More than $1 billion was lost by those that invested in Henrirk Fisker’s dream to manufacture luxury vehicles.

Fisker's undoing had numerous causes. Henrik Fisker simply couldn't orchestrate the complex dance that leads from a design sketch to the production and sale of a profitable car.

Spending was lavish and engineering blunders were huge. The company also faced pressure from both its investors and its chief creditor, the Energy Department, to meet ambitious goals set by Fisker executives.

In the end, Fisker owners were stuck with a fancy vehicle that had no resale, and no parts and service availability.

And yes, the DOE lost $139 million on Fisker Automotive...

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem with the Elio being changed to either a hybrid or full electric is that first the cost would go up. My guess would be $5000.00. That would make the payback in gas savings much longer to pay for itself. To really make the Elio electric, in a proper way, would require a complete redesign. Sure, it could have features shared with the current prototypes, like the narrow width, three wheels, etc., but the best place for batteries would be in the back or under the floorboards. Also, the engine is serving as a safety device, providing a crumple zone and directing crash forced downward. An electric powertrain would need to also provide some protection.
Oh, no, best place is to redesign the body with fixed fenders and place them more forward where the engine was and just behind the front suspension to the left and right of the driver. The CG is important in a three-wheeler.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have to re-think Elio marketing completely as an electric. Now, not as a cheaper car, but as a cheaper entry level EV. The price bands are totally different. But the profit margins are likely a lot better, and the interested buyers maybe a little more limited.

Last edited:

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found a new one that we can all pin our hopes and dreams on. It sounds great because it has a concept picture, they are going to not produce the car until 2021, this SUV will be selling before the end of 2021, it goes 300 miles, and they are looking for a place to build these EV SUV's. All of this for $40K. Sounds like we have a winner and Tesla beater coming. Hitting the market with two world class Fisker EV's at once. This is a great opportunity for Elio to help Fisker get off the ground by letting them use the plant for a while and raise funds.
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/03/1...suv-with-about-300-mile-range-to-market-soon/

In 2006, legendary car designer Henrik Fisker founded a company to bring innovative new thinking to the automobile industry.

Fisker Automotive would go on to design a beautiful sedan and raise almost $1.4 billion dollars from investors. Henrik Fisker also obtained a $528 million loan from the U.S. Department of Energy.

In the end, Fisker default on loans or investment conditions at least four separate times...spend $535,000 on a website...get sued by its own employees...and was evicted from its primary business location!

Did I mention Henrik Fisker and Fisker automotive were investigated by the government for its incredible ability to burn a billion dollars while delivering only a few thousand actual completed cars.

I’ll pass on any new Henrik Fisker automotive venture! LOL

Last edited:

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is not a big enough facepalm for this statement. How exactly is the Elio not a valid transportation choice?

The Fisker Karma was one of biggest automotive debacles in recent memory.

The Fisker Karma was poorly designed and engineered. More than $1 billion was lost by those that invested in Henrirk Fisker’s dream to manufacture luxury vehicles.

Fisker's undoing had numerous causes. Henrik Fisker simply couldn't orchestrate the complex dance that leads from a design sketch to the production and sale of a profitable car.

Spending was lavish and engineering blunders were huge. The company also faced pressure from both its investors and its chief creditor, the Energy Department, to meet ambitious goals set by Fisker executives.

In the end, Fisker owners were stuck with a fancy vehicle that had no resale, and no parts and service availability.

And yes, the DOE lost $139 million on Fisker Automotive...

In 2006, legendary car designer Henrik Fisker founded a company to bring innovative new thinking to the automobile industry.

Fisker Automotive would go on to design a beautiful sedan and raise almost $1.4 billion dollars from investors. Henrik Fisker also obtained a $528 million loan from the U.S. Department of Energy.

In the end, Fisker default on loans or investment conditions at least four separate times...spend $535,000 on a website...get sued by its own employees...and was evicted from its primary business location!

Did I mention Henrik Fisker and Fisker automotive was investigated by the government for its incredible ability to burn a billion dollars while delivering only a few thousand actual completed cars.

Just curious when you might address my question since you are replying to others...How is the Elio not a valid transportation option?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Did I mention Henrik Fisker and Fisker automotive was investigated by the government for its incredible ability to burn a billion dollars while delivering only a few thousand actual completed cars.

Fisker has a model S killer that goes 500 miles on a tank. You can fill the tank in just minutes. So, Tesla is going to have some explaining to do really soon or they will be bankrupt.
https://www.fiskerinc.com/blog

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fisker has a model S killer that goes 500 miles on a tank. You can fill the tank in just minutes. So, Tesla is going to have some explaining to do really soon or they will be bankrupt.
https://www.fiskerinc.com/blog

Fisker has no operational prototype... so all the data on the website is pure marketing hype!

Henrik Fisker is just a shameless self promoter. His last group of investors lost more than $500 million dollars.

Did the I mention that DOE lost $139 million on the original Fisker Automotive debacle.

Forgot to mention...Fisker paid himself more than $600,000 a year while he ran his company into the ground.

I’m positive that Elon Musk chuckles everyone someone mentions Henrik Fisker’s name. LOL

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just curious when you might address my question since you are replying to others...How is the Elio not a valid transportation option?

Fisker has no operational prototype... so all the data on the website is pure marketing hype!

Henrik Fisker is just a shameless self promoter. His last group of investors lost more than $500 million dollars.

Did the I mention that DOE lost $139 million on the original Fisker Automotive debacle.

Forgot to mention...Fisker paid himself more than $600,000 a year while he ran his company into the ground.

I’m positive that Elon Musk chuckles everyone someone mentions Henrik Fisker’s name. LOL

I figured you wouldn't answer my question...why are you on the forum anyway? When was the last time you posted anything not about Telsa?

Top Bottom