• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exciting News - Sec Resubmission

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
aghhhhhhhhhh! just a few short weeks ago there was no to none about any other year than 2016!! now we seem comfortable suggesting 2018-19.
(I'll be 77-79, they'll have taken my keys away by then, eating soft foods and I wouldn't want to miss the bingo games-
for SURE by 2018 there will be available from (fill in the company and country of origin) autocycles, including electric.

In my will, I'll have to leave it to my granddaughter, of course with E M's o.k.

If I would-a put my 1k in mutual funds, I'd probably have earned enough to buy the 11k base model Elio!!
Every day prices for goods and services goes up (yea there are some exceptions) so when they ever produce them, they'll have to say $6800 ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION. Thats of course our currency is still in U S dollars, not yens.

Is the plan to keep kicking around for two+ years? diets, family, jokes, unfounded info, P5,P6,P7.....??
After 8 years of following these guys, I feel the same way. It's getting to the point where the anticipated production schedule is to far out and the 15 month schedule doesn't even start until after the SEC filing is approved. Hell, I'll be a great grandfather by the time Elio makes it to market. aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Last edited:

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could easily do it by downloading both copies in MS Word format, and letting MS Word do the automated comparison. It's pretty good at it, assuming the documents are fairly close.

That's what I thought, but the August version doesn't appear to be available in Word format.

FOR THE REALLY CURIOUS - If you go to the SEC site and download the August version of the offering, it runs 480+pages and has all sorts of new stuff (including loan details) in the appendices. Making it really hard to comapre them, though.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
last December in Charlotte, Jerome said they planned to open there first 10 stores pretty close to when they go into production in what they believe will be their major markets .... he mentioned NY and LA specifically .... he said they would get the rest going as soon as possible and were in hope they could do so within the first year
I believe I know who went wrong in my conversation with Paul Elio at the LA invitation event. I asked him when the stores would open up assuming they would all open simultaneously. He responded with when the last store would be opened, completing the process.

Sorry everyone for the misinformation.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
last December in Charlotte, Jerome said they planned to open there first 10 stores pretty close to when they go into production in what they believe will be their major markets .... he mentioned NY and LA specifically .... he said they would get the rest going as soon as possible and were in hope they could do so within the first year
The reservations are suppose to be filled first which I estimate will take five to six months. What are the open stores going to do during this time? They can not deliver product until the reservations are filled. Are they going to take more reservations and tell people when it is time to place their actual order? Is their purpose to "advertise" during this time? Will our vehicles be at these stores for us to pick up? What is the stores purpose during this time and what will they be doing?

A store that can not sell is not really a store. Elio Motors is being "innovative" once again.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
(Hopefully) attached are my comparisons of the two SEC filings. Preliminary_Offering_Circular_08-28-15.pdf is the original document. Where content in it was removed from the revised document, I've marked it in red. Where the content has changed (values, dates) I've marked it in Blue. Preliminary_Offering_Circular_RevA_10-21-15.pdf is the new, revised document. Content in it that wasn't in the original is indicated with Green text. Again. content that changed is in Blue. These are based on the files available on the SEC site, not StartEngine.

I had to import the PDFs into LibreOffice Draw, where each page became a 'slide', then export them back to PDF after editing. Not a pretty process. A side by side comparison would be terrific, but I'm not sure how to generate that. The pagination changes significantly between the two documents. I had the two documents open at the same time, side by side, but I have two monitors on my computer.

I won't swear 100% accuracy. A lot of the checks were looking at the words at the beginning and end of each line in a paragraph, assuming things were the same if they didn't change. I tried to verify numbers, but I won't swear I didn't miss some.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• Preliminary_Offering_Circular_08-28-15.pdf
    410 KB · Views: 207
  • Preliminary_Offering_Circular_RevA_10-21-15.pdf
    505.7 KB · Views: 223
Top Bottom