• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pick Up

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
AAARRRRGGGHHH That a pet peeve of mine that just drive me nutz
A VIN Tag, or a VIN plate, or a VIN Sticker; not a VIN Number
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number
So when you say VIN Number, you're saying Vehicle Identification Number Number

It's just one of those things; I guess because yeas ago I used to say the same, and the guys I worked with would start in on "Oh you sure it's the Number Number? And not the Vehicle Vehicle ID Number?" and a few others. I had to teach myself to translate TLA's in my head before saying them.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It's just one of those things; I guess because yeas ago I used to say the same, and the guys I worked with would start in on "Oh you sure it's the Number Number? And not the Vehicle Vehicle ID Number?" and a few others. I had to teach myself to translate TLA's in my head before saying them.
LOL... I agree though I'm guilty... We should make this an NAZ (No Acronym Zone)

At least you didn't point out that the VIN isn't actually a number... It'd more of a Vehicle Identification String.

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone around here with a lower number than mine. It's highly possible, of course. I should be getting mine within a couple weeks of the start of production though so there won't be THAT much time. A shindig works for me. Heck, I'll even let you drive it if you can drive a stick!
Well then we might have to convene the ELIO Rally planning committee the same day.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one driven up the proverbial wall by these things. Also remember IBM machine?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one driven up the proverbial wall by these things. Also remember IBM machine?
That's the people that came up with the TLA Dictionary

I was at a seminar for some new tech they had come up with and the woman hosting the event gave a great opening speech, and that was part of it.

And I wonder how many have figured out what a TLA is yet.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone around here with a lower number than mine. It's highly possible, of course. I should be getting mine within a couple weeks of the start of production though so there won't be THAT much time. A shindig works for me. Heck, I'll even let you drive it if you can drive a stick!
well, you took the tires out of my Elio!!- Thanks.... :-)
BTW if you don't already know, "we" will be contacted 4- 6 weeks before your # to be able to order your E.
Just close your eyes and imagine the feeling of the E-mail you'll get to make the selections for your unit!!
(I'd still want a test drive before, and they probably want their $$)- not sure how that will work-out

Drag0n

Elio Fan
Reaction score
There are so many things that fall into that category. ie: a hot water heater (why do you want to heat host water? its already hot.)
perhaps an entire thread in the off topic forums for oxymorons (politics not withstanding)

Top Bottom