• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pick Up

CHUCK G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I never really negotiate fees. When I make an offer, I firmly explain, that the number I wrote down, is the same number that I will write on the check. Often, they don't grasp that at first, but I just re-explain that I am uninterested in all the fees, that is their concern. The number that I offered is the number on the check. I also have a good grip on the current market and what a reasonable offer is, because everyone has to pay their bills so even the dealer has to make some money on the deal. To do this, you have to put some research and effort in before hand.
Ditto Jeff! I am always in a position of not having to buy just want to. Price I submit is all in .

James Reveal

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if you pick up your autocycle at the factory there will be costs associated with the personal service required to deliver the vehicle. I'm guessing that the factory will have a marshaling center across the street from the factory where you will be able to pickup your vehicle with a minimal delivery fee.

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even if you pick up your autocycle at the factory there will be costs associated with the personal service required to deliver the vehicle. I'm guessing that the factory will have a marshaling center across the street from the factory where you will be able to pickup your vehicle with a minimal delivery fee.
Agreed. Like I stated in an earlier message, I'm open to something, just not a full boat equalized destination fee if I'm traveling down to the factory to pick it up. They don't have a dealer network in the traditional sense and I don't expect them to have all of their marshalling centers and sales stores open when they start delivering the first 65K cars. Training, logistics, opening costs -- it is a sizable chunk of work. Something to start on as they start rolling out the first 65K cars.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I never really negotiate fees. When I make an offer, I firmly explain, that the number I wrote down, is the same number that I will write on the check. Often, they don't grasp that at first, but I just re-explain that I am uninterested in all the fees, that is their concern. The number that I offered is the number on the check. I also have a good grip on the current market and what a reasonable offer is, because everyone has to pay their bills so even the dealer has to make some money on the deal. To do this, you have to put some research and effort in before hand.
Dealers don't make much on selling cars; Dealerships make their money on parts and service; trucks and SUV's are another story; they make more on selling a Pickup then they do on 3 cars.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. Like I stated in an earlier message, I'm open to something, just not a full boat equalized destination fee if I'm traveling down to the factory to pick it up. They don't have a dealer network in the traditional sense and I don't expect them to have all of their marshalling centers and sales stores open when they start delivering the first 65K cars. Training, logistics, opening costs -- it is a sizable chunk of work. Something to start on as they start rolling out the first 65K cars.
Before dictating how you're going to tell EM what you will pay, why don't you find out how much it is first.
Plus being on a limited production for the first 65,000; they have it, you want it, they hold the cards, not you. If you don't want to pay what they are charging; they'll sell it to the next person in line and you'll have nothing. Not like you can go to a different dealer and dictate price, there are no other dealers.

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Before dictating how you're going to tell EM what you will pay, why don't you find out how much it is first.
Plus being on a limited production for the first 65,000; they have it, you want it, they hold the cards, not you. If you don't want to pay what they are charging; they'll sell it to the next person in line and you'll have nothing. Not like you can go to a different dealer and dictate price, there are no other dealers.
Whoa!

If you read my posts, you'll see where I am "hoping" not demanding. You are correct about the limited supply vs demand. Which changes the dynamics drastically from a normal new/used car sale. No where did I state a demand of EM. This part of the discussion had migrated to a general car buying tactics.

So you really want to take my Eliio away?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa!
If you read my posts, you'll see where I am "hoping" not demanding. You are correct about the limited supply vs demand. Which changes the dynamics drastically from a normal new/used car sale. No where did I state a demand of EM. This part of the discussion had migrated to a general car buying tactics.
So you really want to take my Eliio away?
Moi? What color are you ordering and I'll think about it ;)

I was reading one of your earlier posts is what I picked up on; the: "I never really negotiate fees. When I make an offer, I firmly explain, that the number I wrote down, is the same number that I will write on the check." line, and decided to let a little air out of that balloon. :becky:

We all have tactics and different ways of feeling in control of a situation, it's normal male ego, and really nothing wrong with it; it's part of us.
I have my own ways of getting "deals" on larger ticket items. :thumb:

I guess I did rattle you a bit, you spelled Elio wrong, sorry about that. :p
And I was just giving you flack about it :becky:

Mark Handler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Go Tesla! The article should also have mentioned Ohio, though. Tesla managed to open three dealerships in Ohio before the morons in Columbus passed a law against direct sales of *all* motor vehicles, including motorcycles. Tesla managed to get their three stores grandfathered into the law. They can keep their three company stores, but cannot open any more, and no one else can open any, either. So, yeah... .Go Tesla! Fight these stupid anti-competitive, protectionist laws.
I follow a YouTube channel (Joe Cabrera) who has a weekly "Let's Talk Elio" video. He has both an Elio and a Tesla on order. :)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's funny that you can feel empowered by either negotiating a lower price or by just paying what they ask and feeling good that it just doesn't matter enough to worry about. Sometimes, spending a little makes shopping there again a more pleasant experience... But, I can't afford to do that so I'll research and stay firm.

Anyway, back on topic. They probably won't ship out of Greenwood. It will surely cost a lot more in the long run to ship Elios there, unload them, assemble options and then reload them for shipping than it would to just assemble accessories and then load for shipping.

Top Bottom