• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pickup, Retail Store Pickup, Or Delivery

KC_Cacti

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do not go directly to Shreveport but there is connecting bus service to Shreveport from Longview, TX. You would have to go from KC to St Louis and change trains and then down to Longview, TX. If it is like here, the bus is part of Amtrak services and is quite luxurious. :) Z
Ah in that case plane sounds better

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
As a former UAW member, please allow me this opportunity to say "Woo-hoo!!!" on it not being involved. Having spent 25 years hanging onto the bottom rung as they continued to lift the ladder higher & higher, without ever hiring anyone underneath & continuously protecting the folks with seniority above me that had decide long ago not to work for a living, I'm THRILLED to buy an American-made vehicle that is being built by a company not under the stranglehold. Don't get me wrong- there was a time in our history when the unions provided workers a great service. Unfortunately, that time has long since passed us by and they currently do nothing more for the majority of the members than support the deadwood for a chunk of their paycheck. :rolleyes:

That's my opinion, so make of it what you may. I do feel that I more or less broke even over the years for what I was able to get out ot the union AFTER my job was sent to Mexico and I needed documentation to get my job at the college. Speaking of which, did you know that the D.O.L. doesn't keep records of your Journeyman card for more than 5 years?:cool:

It's great to get your perspective and experience. Thanks!

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Awe, come on, JP. Where is the sense of adventure in doing that? I'm even considering picking up my Elio and I'm a little old lady with a return trip to southern Oregon by way of Toledo, OH and Seattle, WA area to show it off to family. Not only that, I will most likely take Amtrak to get there and that is 72 hours IF there are no delays. LOL Now that is an adventure. :p :rolleyes: :D :) Z
amen to that. Would be a nice trip, but try to break in half. I took AMTRAK to Eugene, Or. 49Hrs. And I must say, will not do it again without a nice break in the middle. 24Hrs. Is the most I will do at one stretch now. Other than that I like traveling AMTRAK.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
amen to that. Would be a nice trip, but try to break in half. I took AMTRAK to Eugene, Or. 49Hrs. And I must say, will not do it again without a nice break in the middle. 24Hrs. Is the most I will do at one stretch now. Other than that I like traveling AMTRAK.
You meet such interesting people on Amtrak mainly because they are traveling that way because they like to. I used to love going to the dining car for dinner because you have to share tables. Unfortunately the stairs are a bit difficult for me to take any more. There aren't as many people in the handicapped part of the car but they are still interesting to meet. :-) Z

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am curious if the Elio will be delivered with a paper registration plate I can drive home with or if I would need to get a plate first and bring it with me? I'm sure with a new vehicle like this the DMV in each state will want to do some type of initial "inspection" so they probably won't issue a plate without me even having the vehicle yet?
I am hoping Elio will be able to answer those questions definitively when placing the order. This will probably be an issue to a degree in every state.

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You meet such interesting people on Amtrak mainly because they are traveling that way because they like to. I used to love going to the dining car for dinner because you have to share tables. Unfortunately the stairs are a bit difficult for me to take any more. There aren't as many people in the handicapped part of the car but they are still interesting to meet. :) Z
You are absolutely right. A trip to the dining car never disappoints.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You meet such interesting people on Amtrak mainly because they are traveling that way because they like to. I used to love going to the dining car for dinner because you have to share tables. Unfortunately the stairs are a bit difficult for me to take any more. There aren't as many people in the handicapped part of the car but they are still interesting to meet. :) Z

I looked its actually not that bad of cost to go by train for me. You are right it is an interesting way to go.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Why would there be dealer charges? There are no dealers.

I don't expect dealer or vehicle prep fees at all. Elio Motors is trying to make the experience of buying a new vehicle better than going to a traditional franchise dealership. Their entire plan is to offer a well equipped yet inexpensive base model and offer a wide range of affordable options in a very straightforward way where you configure your vehicle and pay only for the additional options you need and want.

I believe the eventual Elio Motors invoice will be very straight forward and will consist of: Elio base price + destination charge + options + government taxes and fees = total vehicle price. :cool:

Top Bottom