• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pickup, Retail Store Pickup, Or Delivery

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or you could arrange financing, ahead of time, with your local bank or credit union. Have a friend ride there with you and then drive your old car back home. This allows you to sell your old car locally. It makes sense that "wholesalers" will be on hand to buy your old car but, (I think) they will have have so many people willing to sell in Shreveport, that the local market will be flooded with used cars, driving prices way down.
I don't mind having the "option" of selling it while at the factory but, I think I will bring my wife or another friend along. If I get a "fair price" offer...great! Then we both come back in the Elio. On the other hand, If I feel that I can get $2K-$3K more by selling it when I get back home...we drive them both home. :)

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's many situations to discuss here. But yeah, it's the logical extension of too much time to think about it. :)

You get yourself to the factory. If you need to get a loan, might be a good idea to get the loan before you go down there, so you can get a good interest rate. If not, I'm sure they'll accommodate you and get you a loan. I believe I've seen somewhere that your 30-day temp tag will get you where you need to go.

I got lost on your comment about time to deal with the DMV with trade-in, when up above you mentioned assuming no trade-in.

Goofyone will hopefully chime in, but I believe he mentioned that the stores will not need to be operational to get us early ones our vehicle. If you are saying that folks may be driving a trade-in to Shreveport, certain folks like Zelio and I have said that we might have a trade-in. I guess we'll discuss that on the phone with EM when they call us to complete the order and set a date. If they'll take our trade-in, we may drive it down. If they won't, we'll have to sell it on our own.
A few months ago, I received a survey from Elio asking if you planned on trading. It went on to ask several questions about what you planned to trade. Thing like mileage, condition, year, make, model, and so on. It also said they were trying to guage the used car market for the types of trade ins they may receive. Did anyone else get that survey?:confused::)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
A few months ago, I received a survey from Elio asking if you planned on trading. It went on to ask several questions about what you planned to trade. Thing like mileage, condition, year, make, model, and so on. It also said they were trying to guage the used car market for the types of trade ins they may receive. Did anyone else get that survey?:confused::)

Yep, that was before I was a reservation holder, I filled one out.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I did and there were two options. If your response was no to the question about trade-ins you were done. If it was yes they asked for more details. I completed the form with a yes. :-) Z

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio has already said it has been saved for future display in an EM museum. I read that way back when - likely in the first quarter of this year. :) Z

Yes I heard that too, back in Detroit, was just making a joke.

Hey Z I was wondering where you were LOL

What thread should we explode when numbers are received? I was looking for the old thread "What's your number?" but I can't seem to find it.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes I heard that too, back in Detroit, was just making a joke.

Hey Z I was wondering where you were LOL

What thread should we explode when numbers are received? I was looking for the old thread "What's your number?" but I can't seem to find it.
Well if both of us are looking, maybe we will find it. I was simply going to the reservation map and survey - after changing my signature line - to ask goofyone to update my marker with my number and change upgrade response from a no to a yes. As to where I was. I went back to bed after cleaning out my alert box. I needed some more time with my zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Top Bottom