• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pickup, Retail Store Pickup, Or Delivery

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure what difference all this makes. It was all before the serious marketing and prototype work had started. When I tried to find a picture of a prototype for those earlier "trykes" I couldn't find one. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on since January 2014 and it has always been $6800. Paul Elio is doing everything in his power to achieve that goal and I respect him for that. :-) Z

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Really? pretty sure I saw this a year ago SAME add 84 MPG 6800, but blew if off as yeah right type of thing........

Saw it again June of this year, investigated a little bit and was like "okay you got me" 6-5-14 all in 1K, 8/21/14 all in 1K again

They are not above 7000, still "shooting for 6800" and they WILL MAKE IT! Maybe I'm wrong and someone like #491 will correct me, but I personally have NEVER seen anything but 6800 on the price.
elio.gif

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score

ozarkbugg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If I have to pay a few $$ more, no big deal . My fuel savings should pay this buggy off in 3 years! It rather pay a bit more up front, than have the boys put on cheaper quality parts, such a crappy tires, ball joints, and other components that will need replacing at 30k miles. Maybe they will lock in the price of $6800 til a certain time, and take a loss on each car ,and accept it as advertising? Heck, every time I do a repair job , and lose money on it, I tell myself , "advertising"! I feel much better then!
How many of you are buying an extra Elio or two, and but them on ebay, or sell outright for a higher price for those folks with alot of money and no patience?

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Color me boring, but I am just hoping for there to be a delivery point somewhere here in the San Francisco Bay Area that will be accessible via public transportation - hopefully BART (subway). Once my vehicle is ready, I will simply take public transit, pick it and drive it to work, or home if a day off. I don't have the time it would take to travel all the way to the plant and drive back.

For those of you who do plan on making an adventure out of it, I look forward to reading about it on this forum. (And yes, Wayne, I know there won't be any trips in any Elio's that haven't even been made yet):confused:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just wondering .... down the road and the Elio Motors Retail Centers are open and doing business .... I've seen post stating that they may not take trades in on an Elio .... I can't help but wonder if they will take an earlier generation Elio on a later model .. ?

Jim

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will factory pick up be an option?
No one knows for sure, this is mostly wishful thinking. The one major problem with picking your car up at the plant, comes with the need to get license plates in LA (even if temp. tags), also the issue of state sales taxes. Then when you get home you have to redo the process in your home state.

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one knows for sure, this is mostly wishful thinking. The one major problem with picking your car up at the plant, comes with the need to get license plates in LA (even if temp. tags), also the issue of state sales taxes. Then when you get home you have to redo the process in your home state.
I asked that question earlier. Elio can't sell you a car out thier door without charging the taxes, unless they ship it to you (out of state), so as I see it you would have to the pay the taxes twice.

Top Bottom