• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pickup, Retail Store Pickup, Or Delivery

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Genebee --- All I had to do was to take the paperwork I got from the dealer to the county tax office. After showing my insurance card and the "deal sheet" from the dealer paid the sales tax, title and registration fee, got the permanent plates, and was on my way. Took about 20 minutes. Only big difference with a new car is you'll have an MSO rather than a title. After giving the tax clerk the MSO and the fee you'll get the title in the mail in a few weeks. If it's financed the title will go to the lien holder. Basically you'll do what dealers charge a "documentation fee" for.
exactly what I said, but ,some people think they can just go to the factory and just pick up their Elio without pre arranging and paying taxes etc. in their home state

Jeff Bowlsby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the 3-wheel configuration, what shipment arrangements from the factory have been made? I assume this has been studied and economized?

The Elio will need a solid floor transport due to its 3 wheels, unlike many auto carriers with just two tracks, right?

If by train or truck, will special racks be made or will they just stack in end to end like normal? One would think they could be nested or shipped somehow more economically that a 4 wheel vehicle to minimize shipping costs

Will they be put on ships to major distribution points on the coasts then put on transporter trucks for local delivery?

Will they be delivered direct to owners to do their own prep? Surely it cannot be that difficult.

I searched but could not find any info on this.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm picking mine up in Shreveport. Carrier delivery is not my concern and at this point not something high on Elio motors list of things to do either. There are plenty of flatbed trailers out there to move them around ( not the most efficient, I know ) until something is worked out!:)

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure on transport rest assured someone somewhere is figuring or has figured it out how. Seems the easiest is making an adapter for conventional carriers. Or having carriers with center sections.

Top Bottom