• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fat Cats Talk Big But.......

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"The Rich" is a very broad term indeed. I think we can agree that the 1%ers give very generously to their chosen charities. I think the study was primarily talking about a group that makes something like $500k on up to several million. I don't know how many there are but I reckon we could call them the
20%ers.
I'm retired and on a fixed income but I still donate $10 bucks here and 25 there to local groups. I don't do it for the tax deduction either. I give what I can afford.
Yep, me too....................retired, fixed income, and some charitable contribution. I'd rather be a smart VC.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, me too....................retired, fixed income, and some charitable contribution. I'd rather be a smart VC.

You gotta be pretty hard hearted to be a VC guy and most would sell their kids for an edge. Not my cup of tea. I don't like firing people but those guys will do it without thought if it'll make them and theirs money.

That's why Paul is such a refreshing character in the business world. He's obviously a very ethical guy, exuding empathy for all his future customers and partners irrespective of status, class, or income level, and just as obviously someone who will stand on principle until he cannot stand anymore.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You gotta be pretty hard hearted to be a VC guy and most would sell their kids for an edge. Not my cup of tea. I don't like firing people but those guys will do it without thought if it'll make them and theirs money.

That's why Paul is such a refreshing character in the business world. He's obviously a very ethical guy, exuding empathy for all his future customers and partners irrespective of status, class, or income level, and just as obviously someone who will stand on principle until he cannot stand anymore.

My goal is to become a soft hearted smart and compassionate VC.......not selling my son off but rather forcing him count my money and oversee the maintenace of my Elio. Not my cup of tea either. I am very satisfied with my life overall and especially happy in retirement.......wouldn't change a thing.

You are spot on about your perception of Paul Elio.......so it seems. I hope for his success as it will be a game changer in the wonderful world of tranportation that takes up such a large % of our incomes.

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we think that either "side" is on our side,we are dupes. We need new blood in there with new ideas. Why should we accept that there is a balance between security and liberty, for instance? There should be no limitations on liberty, no compromises on that. Benjamin Franklin spoke directly to that. Some of you know what I'm referring to. I had it on the wall of my classrooms for a decade before it wore out.

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, but you generalize 'the rich'..............there are rich people like Gates and Buffet that give back thru plilanthropic foundations, politically work to preserve the middle class, and promote social programs to assist the working poor. I read Buffet will donate 99% of his wealth to the Gates Foundation on both his and his wife's death and not just continue his family fortune. Then there are the greedy rich that would rather take more from the middle class while preserving their peronal wealth....while building monuments to themselves. Paul Elio may be rich or most certainly will be rich........but is working to maintain and build his wealth by providing USA jobs while building affordable transportation for and supporting the average guy.........admirably rich. A win win rich. Go Elio!
That's how it's supposed to work.

Reactions: DWR

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator Comment: This thread has always been riding on the very edge of the cliff however we keep it going as long as the political discussion stays civil and related to Elio Motors. I just had to remove some posts referring to religion which really has nothing to do with the topic. Please try and stay on topic and focused on how issues relate to Elio Motors or the moderators will be forced to lock the thread.

Last edited:

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moderator Comment: This thread has always been riding on the very edge of the cliff however we keep it going as long as the political discussion stays civil and related to Elio Motors. I just had to remove some posts referring to religion which really has nothing to do with the topic. Please try and stay on topic and focused on how issues relate to Elio Motors or the moderators will be forced to lock the thread.
It has everything to do with Elio because Elio is bringing jobs back to Americans. Why would we elect someone who sends thousands of jobs overseas in order to serve him- or herself when doing business in this country ought to benefit all of us, strengthen our economy? What Paul Elio is attempting to do here is admirable. There ought not to be any barricades to the facilitation of his success, but we know how slimy the opposition can get. I guess that I should have included these thoughts when bringing up Mitt's losing us 25,000 jobs. Gee, I hope that you haven't been brainwashed by the mass-media-mind-meld machine into believing that "job-creator" stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It has everything to do with Elio because Elio is bringing jobs back to Americans. Why would we elect someone who sends thousands of jobs overseas in order to serve him- or herself when doing business in this country ought to benefit all of us, strengthen our economy? What Paul Elio is attempting to do here is admirable. There ought not to be any barricades to the facilitation of his success, but we know how slimy the opposition can get. I guess that I should have included these thoughts when bringing up Mitt's losing us 25,000 jobs. Gee, I hope that you haven't been brainwashed by the mass-media-mind-meld machine into believing that "job-creator" stuff.

You might wish to thoroughly read a post before responding with stupid accusations as it does not reflect well on you on when you do so. The post you quoted specifically says that the issue I was commenting on was not the political discussion but instead some religious discussion which I had to remove which did not have anything to do with the topic.

Reactions: HHH

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might wish to thoroughly read a post before responding with stupid accusations as it does not reflect well on you on when you do so. The post you quoted specifically says that the issue I was commenting on was not the political discussion but instead some religious discussion which I had to remove which did not have anything to do with the topic.
OK, OK, what stupid accusation. Greg Pallast, an award-winning investigative journalist who works for the BBC laid it out thoroughly in a nationally--broadcast interview. I suppose that I should include references. I'll play nice; and, you're right, I should thoroughly read the post. For that, I apologize.

Top Bottom