• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fiat 500

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
on this old website I found the new toy from the Chevy kids....

Took a Honda CRX and shoe horned a Chevy 383 motor under the hood with giant slicks on the back.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a 500C in the garage. It is averaging 35mpg combined on 87 octane fuel and is the plushest riding vehicle I own. Wife and I love the car. It has no problem keeping up with the traffic here in the Northeast that tends to run a bit over the posted limit. The 6 speed automatic does not seem to hamper performance much based on the manual pop I drove as a loaner. My son lives almost three hours away and we drive there often as we can to see our granddaughter. Does a great job on the highway. There are some bargains out there on the used market. If you tend to keep cars like I do the new ones a good deal as well in my opinion.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
15 list of cars not to buy.

4. Fiat 500L

While Fiat’s comely 500 coupe and convertible exist as a worthy alternatives to the MINI Cooper among those seeking small and fun urban hipster transportation, the longer four-door L just doesn’t keep pace with comparably priced family minded compact crossovers. The 500L receives low marks in initial quality and performance from J.D. Power and a below-average resale value rating from ALG; new for 2014, its long-term reliability is yet to be determined.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
15 list of cars not to buy.

4. Fiat 500L

While Fiat’s comely 500 coupe and convertible exist as a worthy alternatives to the MINI Cooper among those seeking small and fun urban hipster transportation, the longer four-door L just doesn’t keep pace with comparably priced family minded compact crossovers. The 500L receives low marks in initial quality and performance from J.D. Power and a below-average resale value rating from ALG; new for 2014, its long-term reliability is yet to be determined.
Yea, I hear the L has some issues, the plain 500 though has been around for 8 years now (released in Europe in 2007) and scores pretty high on reliability. Knock on wood, I've had no real issues, but it's only been 12K miles so far. Time will tell.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I HAD ONE OF THE TWO SEAT SPORT VERSIONS OF THE FIAT 500 .
A 1959 AUTOBIANCHI BIANCHINA .

I ENDED UP SELLING IT TO A GUY WHO SAID IT WAS GOING TO A GOOD HOME .
INSTEAD , HE PUT IT ON A POLE AT HIS USED CAR LOT IN LaGRANGE , NC .

THAT WAS 20 YEARS AGO . THE CAR IS STILL UP THERE AND IT
UPSETS ME EVERY TIME I DRIVE BY . THE CAR DESERVED MUCH BETTER .

DSC_0276.JPG

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at it this way, you know where it is at all times.

It is a pretty crappy way to treat any running vehicle.
I could see if it was an accident victim and no longer street-able
But a good running car, nah no respect at all.

Top Bottom