• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always liked the law that required you to disassemble and camouflage your horseless carriage until the horse that you scared calmed down.
Last I heard it's still on the books in some state. (can't remember which)
LOL. I remember seeing a segment about that. The two people got out and pushed their car behind some big bush by the road so the scared horse could go by.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A loophole for Tesla and/or Elio could be to defer ownership of their showrooms . Meaning , their business model could stay intact but an Independent 3rd party owner takes on expenses such as salaries, rent, energy, Insurance and ancillary building costs . These expenses would be mitigated by allowing 3rd party to buy units at a discount . Win-Win

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A loophole for Tesla and/or Elio could be to defer ownership of their showrooms . Meaning , their business model could stay intact but an Independent 3rd party owner takes on expenses such as salaries, rent, energy, Insurance and ancillary building costs . These expenses would be mitigated by allowing 3rd party to buy units at a discount . Win-Win

how about marketing them through Pep Boys

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has stated on their facebook page that they may be partnering with an established national car rental/sales brand for Elio Store locations. Technically, in those States with anti-direct to consumer sales laws in effect those partners could act as an independent sales location. I bet Elio has a sales plan to cover all the bases after they get closer to production.

I personally would prefer a typical dealership model for EM over direct to conumer sales and the PepBoys private partner for servicing. I would rather have sales, service, and parts under the same roof and willing to pay a bit more on the MSRP, but hey that's me. Making the sale a pleasant hassle free experience is easy with one price for all. Providing for a pleasant hassle free service experience much more challenging.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
EM has stated on their facebook page that they may be partnering with an established national car rental/sales brand for Elio Store locations.

I bet Elio has a sales plan to cover all the bases after they get closer to production..

I can see such a partnership in places where its legal and would be very surprised if they haven't been working on ways to handle the issue

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
how about marketing them through Pep Boys

Keeping the Elio stores homogenous is probably an Elio goal and a desirable strategy . Setting up an Elio store exactly like it would be in a direct to public scenario with a 3rd party owner could work for them . Customers can buy the same way and get the same options but the "ownership" is independent . Elio would have to build some profit margin for the owner but would save all the associative costs of dealer operations.This should appease the States in which Direct to Customer is prohibited .

Top Bottom