• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Your Elio

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I winder if I have just missed it or if there has been any discussion concerning financing for purchasers? When I searched, I only came up with financing for the company.

While major auto companies often have their own financing units, some arrange partnerships with other financial institutions. This sometime offers a slightly more lenient package and terms than those offered directly with those same financial institutions.

It's just one more thing for Elio to do.

I know I'll need help to pay the balance when it's time to finalize the purchase and while some consider it pocket change, the Elio is targeting a demographic which will also need help financing their purchase.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio gas card is the only one that comes to mind. The deal is when you purchase gas you use their card. If you get $10 worth of gas the card gets charged $30, the extra $20 charged is your Elio payment. Don't know off hand but I'm sure there's a minimum payment per month if you don't use much fuel.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know Paul mentioned a bank willing to work as their finance center as they'll offer regular financing like a regular dealership.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I did some quick checking.

@ 1.49%, borrowing $7,000 for 36 months will run you $199/month
Extending that to 48 months will run you $150/month

If you borrow $6,000 for 36 months, it'll run you $170/month, for 48 months, $129/month
If you borrow $5,000 for 36 months, it'll run you $142/month, for 48 months, $107/month

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depending on how fast we pay off the Leaf and which month I recieve my Elio, I'll either be paying cash or putting a large chunk down and paying off the rest over the following few months.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just guessing you'll be able to walk into any bank and get a car loan.
Maybe, but since some states consider it's a motorcycle you'd have to get a motorcycle loan which at some banks is a completely different set of loan rules.

I'm putting away a couple hundred a month into a savings account and I've bought a small number of shares. My plan is once the Elios are on the road in consumer hands the stock price will go up and I can sell the stock for a profit to poss the savings account and pay for #17471 with a check.

Top Bottom