• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Robotics

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'll be there just in time for the finals, the last 32 teams out of 600 battling it out.

Oh, and roger that advice about not going north of the dome. We're in the Lumiere between the dome and the river.

Ahh...Down by St. Louis Landing. Might I suggest Morgan Street Brewery for dining and a craft beer, the food, and beer they brew on site, are excellent! I'm pretty sure you're not too far from it at Lumiere.

Anyway...I suppose I could browse back through the thread, but I've got you (electroken) down for Carver division, pit G03, and Comptrex at pit B22. Any point in me knowing his division as an aid to locate his team?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahh...Down by St. Louis Landing. Might I suggest Morgan Street Brewery for dining and a craft beer, the food, and beer they brew on site, are excellent! I'm pretty sure you're not too far from it at Lumiere.

Anyway...I suppose I could browse back through the thread, but I've got you (electroken) down for Carver division, pit G03, and Comptrex at pit B22. Any point in me knowing his division as an aid to locate his team?
Newton division for me, but on Saturday we won't be in the pits much.electroken is in like 3rd in his division. We are 16th in Newton. We will both be playing for champs in our division tomorrow, then hopefully meet on the Einstein field for the title of world champion!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DANG!! Well today didn't go as I'd hoped. Found out my left-hand outb'd hinge guy went on medical LOA for a week, and I'm the only other person that knows the job. :( Gotta move the unit Monday, so it's 10 hours again tomorrow if I want to have it completed. On the plus side, it is double-time pay. :D

Sorry I missed seeing you all and watching the matches. Looked like an awesome course to compete on. Can't wait to hear the details and see some pics/video of the event!

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Met up with Eck and we drove 6 hours to take in the First Robots Championship in St. Louis. Stopped in to introduce ourselves to Comptrex and electroken at their respective pits. Thank you to both those Elio supporters for their involvement in the youth of our country. What a wild and interesting event.

Ech is a professional photographer. Maybe he will post some of his photo opportunities of this event.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Met up with Eck and we drove 6 hours to take in the First Robots Championship in St. Louis. Stopped in to introduce ourselves to Comptrex and electroken at their respective pits. Thank you to both those Elio supporters for their involvement in the youth of our country. What a wild and interesting event.

Ech is a professional photographer. Maybe he will post some of his photo opportunities of this event.

I'm glad I got to meet both of you and show you some of our wild world of FIRST Robotics. Unfortunately I never got to meet Comptrex. I went by his pit a dozen times but the drive team was not there. Drive teams spend a lot of time in the dome.

We made it to our division finals before being narrowly defeated by the alliance that went on to win it all. So close...
Homeward bound today.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad I got to meet both of you and show you some of our wild world of FIRST Robotics. Unfortunately I never got to meet Comptrex. I went by his pit a dozen times but the drive team was not there. Drive teams spend a lot of time in the dome.

We made it to our division finals before being narrowly defeated by the alliance that went on to win it all. So close...
Homeward bound today.

Congratulations on making it to the finals! Have a safe journey home.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

That would be EKH. And I will -- as soon as I finish boiling down 875 frames to a reasonable number.

But here's one:

Attachments

• _DSC1684 Shooting for animated GIF.jpg
    _DSC1684 Shooting for animated GIF.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 192
Top Bottom