• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Robotics

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear this as well. Semi-finalist is still an accomplishment, as only 12 teams of the 50 or 60 get that far.
It was actually quite frustrating. We had the best alliance. The 1st place alliance wanted the team that we picked 3rd and had to scramble for a replacement. We should / could have won, but our entire alliance fell apart in the last round. Our robot wouldn't connect to our computer in the queuing line, so we couldn't charge our compressor. So instead of running any autonomous at all, we sat there for 15 seconds to charge the air. That just seemed to throw off our rhythm. I, as coach, made some very bad calls as did all the members of our alliance. We just fell apart. Ended with, like 50 points or so when our average was in the 80's. We couldn't recover.
Oh well. Good time was had by all!
We'll see them all next year!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We semi-collapsed at the New England District Championship, but combined with points from our previous successes we have qualified for the World Championship. We're St. Louis bound!
Wahoo!
Good for you and the guys (and girls).
Where was the New England District Championship held? We were vacationing in Mashpee this past week.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We semi-collapsed at the New England District Championship, but combined with points from our previous successes we have qualified for the World Championship. We're St. Louis bound!

Fantastic! I've got the event down on my Outlook calendar as 4/22 thru 4/25. Is there a website to check out the event times? Or do you have any suggestions on which would be the best day to check out the action? Actually, if I peeled out of here Fri. afternoon it might lessen my boss' chance of having a stroke, than if I left eary one of the other days (gotta work the weekend)...they bumped our move date 4 days for a tooling recycle :confused: so we're kind of under the gun to get her done.

Thanks....and cudos to you and your team.:)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fantastic! I've got the event down on my Outlook calendar as 4/22 thru 4/25. Is there a website to check out the event times? Or do you have any suggestions on which would be the best day to check out the action? Actually, if I peeled out of here Fri. afternoon it might lessen my boss' chance of having a stroke, than if I left eary one of the other days (gotta work the weekend)...they bumped our move date 4 days for a tooling recycle :confused: so we're kind of under the gun to get her done.

Thanks....and cudos to you and your team.:)
Normally Saturday is the big event, but Friday would be fun as well.
There really is no schedule of events as matches change and get played throughout the day.
FRC Spyder is a cool android app to download. Then you could track electroken's team and their matches.

Have fun without me... :(

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Normally Saturday is the big event, but Friday would be fun as well.
There really is no schedule of events as matches change and get played throughout the day.
FRC Spyder is a cool android app to download. Then you could track electroken's team and their matches.

Have fun without me... :(

Man, sorry you're not making it out, Comp...I was looking forward to it. And maybe I forgot to mention it, but I'm [apparently] the only person in the Northern Hemisphere that doesn't now, nor ever has owned a cellphone...wierd, huh. o_O I'll have to find a website, or just head on down there Friday afternoon to take in the action and hope Electokens teams up. I'll be wearing my Elio Owner's t-shirt for easy identification.:)

Top Bottom